[comp.sys.apple] Help needed on Paintworks Gold in 5.02

beversdo@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Tom Beversdorf) (12/29/89)

I'm having a problem with a Paintworks Gold v1.4 on System Disk 5.02 because
it wouldn't let me print any graphics - it displays dialog box to have to set
a control panel to set up the printer's device.  After I set it up, it still
has a problem.

Can you help me to solve the problem with a Paintworks Gold on GS/OS 5.02?

Tom Beversdorf.

In article <32166@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> beversdo@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Tom Beversdorf) writes:
>I'm having a problem with a Paintworks Gold v1.4 on System Disk 5.02 because
>it wouldn't let me print any graphics - it displays dialog box to have to set
>a control panel to set up the printer's device.  After I set it up, it still
>has a problem.
>
>Can you help me to solve the problem with a Paintworks Gold on GS/OS 5.02?
>
>Tom Beversdorf.

The dialog to which you refer is generated by the Print Manager when someone
calls the function PrChoosePrinter.  This formerly caused the Print Manager
to put up the old dialog you used to choose a printer.  Now it simply points
you to the Control Panel NDA.

If you don't want to see the dialog, don't pick "Choose Printer".  I don't
have PaintWorks Gold, so there's a chance it's calling PrChoosePrinter even
though you didn't pick such a menu option.

The best thing I can recommend is going to another desktop-based program, like
the Finder, and using the Control Panel NDA to select your printer.  Then
launch PWG and try printing without picking "Choose Printer".  It might work.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."