[comp.sys.apple] can a ROM 01, 256K RAM IIgs be upgraded to ROM 3?

rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) (01/01/90)

I got my IIgs back in Nov 86 (in fact, it's one of "Woz Edition" IIgs's).

When the ROM 01 upgrade was announced, I did get that (along with the video
chip being upgraded).

I never heard anything about a ROM 2.

Now I hear about a revampted IIgs with 1M RAM on board and ROM 3.

I've also heard that this ROM 3 is larger than the earlier ROM's.

Can I upgrade to ROM 3? - OR, is there a version of ROM 3 for the earlier
IIgs's?

Thanks in advance.

- Ron Wilson

farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) (01/03/90)

In article <2405@ttardis.UUCP> rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) writes:
>I got my IIgs back in Nov 86 (in fact, it's one of "Woz Edition" IIgs's).
>
>When the ROM 01 upgrade was announced, I did get that (along with the video
>chip being upgraded).
>
>I never heard anything about a ROM 2.

	The original ROM was ROM 0, then came ROM 1, and then we
	realized the world doesn't count like a programmer, and
	skipped to ROM 3, since it's the 3rd ROM.

>Now I hear about a revampted IIgs with 1M RAM on board and ROM 3.
>
>I've also heard that this ROM 3 is larger than the earlier ROM's.
>
>Can I upgrade to ROM 3? - OR, is there a version of ROM 3 for the earlier
>IIgs's?

	Apple doesn't have an upgrade policy for conversion of older
	ROM GS's to ROM 03. :-(.

--
| Cary Farrier				| Internet  : farrier@apple.com   |