[comp.sys.apple] Viewing image files on Apple IIGS

arumbaka@udel.edu (Ravi Arumbakam) (01/03/90)

    I would like to know if it is possible to view image files such as Raster,
GIF files on a Apple IIGS computer. Do I need any special software tools to do
so? I would appreciate all the responses in this regard. Please E-mail your
    My E-mail address is   arumbaka@dewey.udel.edu, arumbaka@udel.edu

     Thanks in advance...
					     -Ravi Arumbakam.

JDA@CU.NIH.GOV ("Doug Ashbrook") (01/03/90)

>     I would like to know if it is possible to view image files such as Raster,
> GIF files on a Apple IIGS computer. Do I need any special software tools to do
> so? I would appreciate all the responses in this regard. Please E-mail your

The program SHRConvert will read GIF files on a //gs.  This is a
shrareware program and is available in files 88-00661, 88-00662, and
88-00663 from the APPLE2-L list server at the BITNET node BROWNVM.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                   (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU                              <-- preferred address
INTERNET: JDA@CU.NIH.GOV     or     jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,   Bethesda, MD 20892

-+- Remember.  If some weirdo in a blue suit offers you some MS-DOS,
JUST SAY NO!

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (01/04/90)

In article <7241@nigel.udel.EDU> arumbaka@udel.edu (Ravi Arumbakam) writes:

>    I would like to know if it is possible to view image files such as Raster,
>GIF files on a Apple IIGS computer. Do I need any special software tools to do
>so? I would appreciate all the responses in this regard. Please E-mail your
>    My E-mail address is   arumbaka@dewey.udel.edu, arumbaka@udel.edu
>
>     Thanks in advance...
>					     -Ravi Arumbakam.

Mmm... I think there are much more people on the net are very interested in
this, could some one post the result of responses to the newsgroup?

	Again, thanks in advance...

--
|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
|I want my own NeXT, 64 Mb RAM, 660 Mb SCSI, NeXT laser |    Chun Yao Liao    |

lipo@vms.macc.wisc.edu (Patrick Lipo) (01/04/90)

In article <9001031320.AA03589@alw.nih.gov>, JDA@CU.NIH.GOV ("Doug Ashbrook") writes...
>The program SHRConvert will read GIF files on a //gs.  This is a
>shrareware program and is available in files 88-00661, 88-00662, and
>88-00663 from the APPLE2-L list server at the BITNET node BROWNVM.

I'm sorry, but I'm quite new to the net.  Can someone tell me how
I can access this node?  Seems everybody always gets things from
there.  Please email any help, as I'm going to be out of town
for a while.

Sorry to bother you folks with my inexperience.

Pat  (Address above)

On Wed, 3 Jan 90 17:53:17 GMT <info-apple-request@APPLE.COM> said:
> Please email any help, as I'm going to be out of town
>for a while.
>
>Pat  (Address above)

Sorry but the address is NOT above!  The gateway between UUCP, Apple.Com,
and BITNET frequently (usually?) punts the excessive (and often not helpful)
USENET address token and substitutes 'info-apple-request'

So, if you don't use a .sig, those of us who might be able to help you can't.

(could someone who DID get Pat's address pass this reply along to him?)
 -- posting and leaving down isn't likely to be a productive use of bandwidth
    either (we'll still be here when you get back :-)

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)