[comp.sys.apple] Videx Videoterm Softswitch board

ianj@sactoh0.UUCP (Ian R. Justman) (12/11/89)

I just got a Videx Videoterm 80 column card for my ][+ not too long
ago.  It came with a card for the softswitch option.  I need to
know, which chip does this card piggyback?  Thanks in advance.
--
Home:   Ian Justman   |UUCP:(1) My CP/M machine.       |"One of the few
6612 Whitsett Drive   |     (2) My host.               |die-hard CP/M

sb@pro-generic.cts.com (Stephen Brown) (01/05/90)

Ian R. Justman asks which chip the Videx softswitch daughterboard piggy-backs.

The softswitches I have seen all piggy-back the 74LS259 (could also be a 9334)
which is located at F14 on a II+. I believe it watches the conditions of
annunciators 2 and 3, which the Videx firmware play with. Watch the polarity
of the chip and the daughterboard when you install it, and make sure it's in
ALL the way.

ProLine: sb@pro-generic

UUCP: crash!pro-generic!sb
ARPA: crash!pro-generic!sb@nosc.mil