[comp.sys.apple] ProDOS error list

In article <2006@psuhcx.psu.edu> llp@psuhcx.psu.edu writes:
>I have a question along those lines.  Where can one obtain a list of prodos
>system error.  Every once and a while I get an error code and (since I don't
>have a list) don't know what it is.  Can anyone help?

Lately, users have been having trouble with their ProDOS's error code and
posting message on BBS asking what it means.  Well, to solve any future
problem, here are the list of all the ProDOS's error codes recopy here from
Beneath Apple ProDOS by Quality Software.

                                           *
                            MLI ERROR CODES

$00  No error                           $48  Disk full
$01  Invalid MLI function               $49  Vol DIR full
$04  Invalid parameter count            $4A  Incompatible ProDOS version
$25  Interrupt table full               $4B  Unsupported storage type
$27  I/O error                          $4C  End of file
$28  No device connected                $4D  Position past EOF
$2B  Write protected                    $4E  Access error
$2E  Volume switched                    $50  File already open
$40  Invalid pathname syntax            $51  File count bad
$42  Too many files open                $52  Not a ProDOS disk
$43  Invalid REF NUM                    $53  Bad parameter
$44  Nonexistent path                   $55  VCB overflow
$45  Volume not mounted                 $56  Bad buffer addr.
$46  File not found                     $57  Duplicate volume
$47  Duplicate file name                $5A  Bad vol. bit map

* Beneath Apple ProDOS
(c) 1984 Quality Software

--
unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu    APPLE II FOREVER    APL24VR   GS tips? Mail me.