[comp.sys.apple] Who supports Top Draw

rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) (01/01/90)

I've using Top Draw for more than a year now.

(FYI: Top Draw is/was a component of GS Works)

I've just gotten an ImageWriter printer, which the Top Draw manual says
is supported.

When I try to print a drawing, nothing created with the text tool appears
in the printed drawing - but everything else gets printed.

I would guess that this is a bug in the program.

My question: Is there anybody out there who can help me?

Thanks in Advance

- Ron Wilson

ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (01/04/90)

It's now called Beagle-Draw. Contact the Beagle people about
support/upgrade/registration information. I'd expect they will support it no
questions asked. They'll even tell you how to de-protect it if it were copy
protected.

p.s. how does it compare to other programs, PaintWorks Gold, 8/16 paint, etc.?

rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) (01/05/90)

In article <9174.infoapple.net@pro-generic>, ericmcg@pro-generic.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) writes:

>It's now called Beagle-Draw. Contact the Beagle people about
>support/upgrade/registration information. I'd expect they will support it no
>questions asked. They'll even tell you how to de-protect it if it were copy
>protected.
>
>p.s. how does it compare to other programs, PaintWorks Gold, 8/16 paint, etc.?

Well, I have Top Draw AND Paintworks Gold - They are both excellent programs,
but they do different things:

Paintworks Gold (and Paintworks, 8/16 Paint, Deluxe Paint, ...) are the
computer equivilents of painting on a canvas.

TopDraw (and Dazzle Draw, ....) are more like drafting (indeed, one might say
that they are primitive CAD programs) - ALSO, most drawing programs (including
TopDraw/Beagle Draw) operate in terms of objects: instead of committing what
you draw to the virtual canvas or paper, you define objects (which can, in
turn, be used to define other objects) which can be modified and moved around
at any time with OUT affecting anything else (paint programs are not so
forgiving: once you put it on the canvas, it's there to stay - you can't move
or remove it without also (re)moving whatever was underneath it).

It would be very nice to have one program which combined the artistic flexablity
of a paint program with the editing flexablity of a drawing program.

I like both better than any others I tried at the time I bought these programs
(late 87/early 88); I'm not up to date about any of there competition.

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.COM (Mark Munz) (01/08/90)

BeagleDraw is an object oriented program .. not a Paint program ..
although we've got ourselves a Paint program that should only be
compared to some color Macintosh paint program.. Stay Tuned!!