[comp.sys.apple] More Applefest/Computerfest news... :-)

David_Kopper@DGC.MCEO.DG.COM (01/09/90)

CEO summary:
I just got off the phone with Cambridge Marketing (all 800-262-FEST
if you want to talk with them).  I asked about why they moved the
show location, and the answer wasn't that they didn't like seeing
people from Boston.  It is happening because of expenses and possible
profit.  The Boston area is too expensive (no arguement from me
there), and the new site puts two major cities close to the show (NY
is ~1 hour away, and Philladelphia(sp?) is ~1.5 hours away {I didn't
question their time estimates}).

The other interesting tidbit of information that I got from them was
that they believe the Apple ][ market is shrinking (not too
suprising).  That is why they are bringing in other computers
(current guesses from them (and these are ONLY GUESSES)) is that the
show will be divided up into Apple ][, PC and Mac (~1/3 each).
They also said that if the Apple ][ continues to decline (their
words), that the show change even more.

I also asked about the SanFransisco Applefest - they said that the
same kind of thing will happen there.  ARGH!
                                             Dave Kopper

lvirden@pro-tcc.cts.com (Larry Virden) (01/11/90)

I have a set of press releases by the whatever the Cambridge folks are
calling themselves now which were posted to America Online.  But I am
hesitant to post them since they are rather large and repeat a lot of
what has already been said - only it would be 'their words' so to speak.

--
Larry W. Virden                 ProLine: pro-tcc!lvirden
674 Falls Place                 Work:   lvirden@cas.bitnet