[comp.sys.apple] printer drivers

DSEAH@WPI.BITNET (02/15/88)

I have heard that Apple has released information about writing g your own
printer drivers for ProDOS 16 applications.  I have a ProGrappler and
Panasonic KXP1080i printer,  and I can't print anything from DeluxePaint
yet.  Perhaps someone out there can tell me what it takes to make a printer
driver?

Dave Seah
BITNET: DSEAH@WPI.BITNET
INTERNET & CSNET: DSEAH%WPI.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu

akc@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Bruce Cox) (09/21/88)

Has anyone ever heard of printer driver package for the GS?  I heard a rumor
a few months ago that such a package existed that would allow us to program
and install our own printer drivers for printers other than the Imagewriter.
I have an old NEC printer that I would like to use with my GS software.

-B-

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (09/22/88)

In article <167@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> akc@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Bruce Cox) writes:

>Has anyone ever heard of printer driver package for the GS?  I heard a rumor
>a few months ago that such a package existed that would allow us to program
>and install our own printer drivers for printers other than the Imagewriter.
>I have an old NEC printer that I would like to use with my GS software.
>
>-B-

Apple II Developer Technical Support has released 2 technotes that address this.

Basically, the Printing mechanism of the Apple II GS consists of 3 parts: the
Printing Manager, a Printer Driver, and a Port Driver. Apple IIGS technote
#34(?) discusses printer drivers, and #35(?) discusses port drivers. A small
sample is even included.

Keith Rollin                                               amdahl\
Developer Technical Support                           pyramid!sun !apple!keith
Apple Computer                                             decwrl/
"You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"

NOSES@DBNINF5.BITNET (Achim Patzner) (01/10/90)

Somebody needed help in writing a printer driver... Could that person please
contact me?

Achim

(Noses@DBNINF5.bitnet; if that won't work, try {anything}!unido!bnu!patzner)

bbean@pro-sol.cts.com (Bruce Bean) (01/12/90)

I am not the original poster but I could use a *lot* of help writing a driver
for an Epson LQ-850 printer.  This is my first net post so be patient with me.
bbean.pro-sol