[comp.sys.apple] Weird cards and assorted other things

warlock@pro-harvest.cts.com (Jamie Coe) (01/10/90)

        I recently picked up a Titan Technologies, Inc. Accelerator II card
for my II+.  Unfotunately, the person I bought it from did not have the
"pre-boot disk."  Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this disk?
        I also purchased a strange card that looks like some kind of sampling
card.  It is a Heuristics, Inc. Model 20A-1.  Any information would be
apprreciated.
        Also, does anyone know where I can find CP/M programs that I can
download?
                                        Jamie (Warlock@Pro-Harvest)

rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) (01/11/90)

In article <6168.apple.net.info-apple@pro-harvest>, warlock@pro-harvest.cts.com (Jamie Coe) writes:
>        I also purchased a strange card that looks like some kind of sampling
>card.  It is a Heuristics, Inc. Model 20A-1.  Any information would be
>apprreciated.
>                                        Jamie (Warlock@Pro-Harvest)

The Heuristics card is probably a voice recognition processor.  I know that
Heuristics made at least one such device for the Apple II.

The card basically works like the spectrum display found on many of today's
graphic equalizers - optimized for speech analysis, of course - it would take
major modifications to be useful as a stereo spectrum analyser.

With the appropriate software, one can make the Apple II do voice ID or
accept commands via voice.

Unfortunately, I don't have the software you would need to use it.

If you don't have the inclination to decipher the card's workings and design
your own software, I would be interested in buying the card from you.

- Ron Wilson
rlw@ttardis
sharkey!cfctech!ttardis!rlw
uunet!edsews.eds.com!rel!ttardis!rlw

tomk@pro-grouch.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (01/12/90)

PD SIG at 619-566-6329 has both a Apple and a CP/M download area.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!tomk
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!tomk@nosc.mil