[comp.sys.apple] Term programs, CDAs, etc...

SAB121@PSUVM.BITNET (01/13/90)

Hi all! I'm looking for several things.  First is a CDA which will
automatically download in the backgraound while you do other tasks. (EG: You
connect to the mainframe using some sort of VT100 emulator from the CDA,
and set it to download.  While it is doing that, you can exit and continue
to work in Appleworks, etc.)

Another program I'm looking for is some sort of slideshow which will handle
both $C1 and $C0 type picture files.  Also it should be able to be configured
to either search an entire set of volumes for the picture file or just one
directory.

One last thing... Any word on ShrinkIt/GS and ShrinkIt 3.0? This is being asked
for a friend of mine, but I would appreciate any news, including where and when
it will be available.
                                                   Thanks,
                                                     SAB121@psuvm.BITNET

lvirden@pro-tcc.cts.com (Larry Virden) (01/13/90)

I assume you know that something LIKE background downloading is available
under Appleworks GS from what I understand - you start the communications
module, call the location and can start the downloading.  You can also have
the Appleworks text, spreadsheet and perhaps painting windows open - I assume
that you can be working in them while the downloading is going on...
--
Larry W. Virden                 ProLine: pro-tcc!lvirden
674 Falls Place                 Work:   lvirden@cas.bitnet

paulh@nuchat.UUCP (Paul Hutmacher) (01/13/90)

In article <90012.114808SAB121@PSUVM.BITNET> SAB121@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>Hi all! I'm looking for several things.  First is a CDA which will
>automatically download in the backgraound while you do other tasks.

Yes!  This looks like a job for Multi-Finder GS!

Until then, I don't think there is such a thing.
 --
Paul Hutmacher
uunet!nuchat!paulh

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (01/14/90)

In article <90012.114808SAB121@PSUVM.BITNET>, SAB121@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>One last thing... Any word on ShrinkIt/GS and ShrinkIt 3.0? This is being asked
>for a friend of mine, but I would appreciate any news, including where and when
> it will be available.

ShrinkIt 3.0 is about 1 delta revision away from being released -- gs/shrinkit
is about 2 delta versions from release.  I'm working on both as fast as
my schedule at school will allow.

>                                                      SAB121@psuvm.BITNET

andy