[comp.sys.apple] No Slot Clock

tmetro@pro-angmar.UUCP (Tom Metro) (06/04/88)

 Steve King (HEINEKEN at MTUS5) writes:
> Speaking of the no-slot clock, is this messed up in any way by the addidtion
> of an accelerator board or the Zip Chip?  Does it generate its timing
> internally (as would be sensible) or does it just count pulses of the system
> clock (in which case an accelerator might make it run fast...)
Dallas semiconductor makes a similar device called a SmartWatch and I know that
its timing is completely independent of the host.

I'm sure that the SMT version is independed as well because:
 It will work in an IBM PC as well as an Apple. PC's run at a wide variety of
  CPU clock speeds.
 It plugs into a standard ROM socket with no other connections. The system
  clock or CPU clock isn't available at the ROM socket in an Apple or a PC.

  ___________
 / Tom Metro \_____________________________________________________________
|                                                   _   _                  |
| INET: tmetro@pro-angmar.uucp              --/\/\_| |_| '- DigiTell, Inc. |
| ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-angmar!tmetro@nosc.mil             Newton, MA     |
|_UUCP:_[ihnp4 sdcsvax nosc]!crash!pnet01!pro%angmar!tmetro________________|

throoph@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Henry Throop) (01/14/90)

A few months ago, there was discussion about a TI (?) chip that does
the same thing as the No Slot Clock.  I passed it by then, but someone
was just asking me about using it on his //c.  If anyone could mail me
information about the part number, required software (patch to ProDOS?), etc.
I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Henry
---
Henry Throop