[comp.sys.apple] ImageWriter compatibles

fredb@pro-freedom.cts.com (Fred Brock) (05/07/89)

Network Comment: to #4550 by unknown

Another printer you may want to consider is the Seikosha (sp?) SP-1000.  I
have read that they are painfully slow, but the print quality compares to the
Imagewriter I and they're available for around $200.

FredB
ProFreedom

huang@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Howard Huang) (01/08/90)

Does anyone have or know anything about the various "imagewriter compatible"
printers on the market, like the Laser 190A, Brother M-1109AP, and the
Seikosha SP 1000 (taken from a Programs Plus ad)?

If you have any other recommendations for inexpensive printers, please
let me know.  You can e-mail me, and if I get a deluge of responses I'll
post a summary.

Howard C. Huang
huang@husc4.harvard.edu

tgamber@pro-grouch.cts.com (Tom Gamber) (01/14/90)

I've been useing a panasonic KXP-1091 and a Panasonic KXP-1081 on a IIc with a
Grappler C interface for years to similate an Imagewriter II. I has worked on
most software applications. The Grappler sends the sequence codes to emulate
an Imagewriter II for most parallel printers. Hope it helps.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!tgamber
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!tgamber@nosc.mil
INET: tgamber@pro-grouch.cts.com