[comp.sys.apple] PaintWorks Gold

REWING@TRINCC.BITNET (12/20/88)

Hmmmmm.  I'll try stripping out DAs piece by piece to see what happens.
Whichever is crashing it should probably be deinstalled for awhile until
a fix comes.  Thanks.

Sure, we're always working on a new CPU.  What kind did you have in mind?
:)))))))

--Rick

>Sure, we're always working on a new CPU.  What kind did you have in mind?

Trouble is you're always working on the SAME new CPU.  The bad press
Apple's received for deliberately delaying a 7.8 MHz //gs for (evidently)
marketing rather than technical reasons has already dampened the market
potential for the line (sold LOTS of Amigas).

It seems to me that the 68030 Macintoshes also are about 6 months behind
techical possiblities (presumably because John Sculley found it convenient
to tell financial analysts that no new CPU's would be forthcoming in 1988).
Nice of Apple to give IBM the time to catch up :-)

                                     [The Far Side shall return (I hope)]
Murph Sewall     Sewall@UCONNVM.BITNET
Business School  sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut {rutgers psuvax1 ucbvax & in Europe - mcvax}
                 !UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL                        [UUCP]

-+- My employer isn't responsible for my mistakes AND vice-versa!

"Close enough for government work" - source unknown (naturally ;-)

lbotez@pro-sol.cts.com (Lynda Botez) (10/23/89)

I'm almost certain that you can obtain an upgrade of Paintworks Gold that runs
under System 5.0 for $5 from Medigenic.

However, there is a patch going around that will let you launch PW Gold from
5.0; written by Jason Harper that works just fine.

Lynda

philip@pro-generic.cts.com (Philip McDunnough) (12/27/89)

Could someone please E-mail the patch that makes Paintworks Gold work on a
ROM03 GS, under System 5.0.2 to me ?

  Philip McDunnough     E-Mail:philip@utstat.toronto.edu
  Univ. of Toronto
  [my opinions]

S825177@UWEC.BITNET (JEFFREY SORTE) (01/12/90)

>I am looking for a way to run PaintWorks Gold with System Disk v5.0  It seem
>to be only compatible with Prodos 16.
>
>Please send responses by mail because this board no longer receives info-apple
>
>Thanks.
>
>Andrew

I have seen this question come up many times, so I thought I would respond with
something that has worked for me.  I believe that I read about this tip in an
issue of InCider from about 9 months ago.   Anyways, here it is:

1) Delete the folder Appletalk from your boot volume.  (I have PW Gold on my HD
   which is also my boot volume)

2) Launch PW Gold with ProSel or something similar where you can "purge"
memory.

This has always worked for me, and I have the an original PW Gold running under
5.0.2 on my system.

PS.  I attempted to send you E-Mail but my mailer is fussy, so I'm not sure if
 it is going to make it to you.  Maybe someone could relay it to you on
 pro-houston.

Jeff Sorte  -  S825177@UWEC.BITNET
%Slipped Bit Error% - Can't find NIFTY.SIG

billy@pro-colony.cts.com (Billy Long) (01/13/90)

If you sent in your registration card, you should've received an order form
through the mail allowing you to order an updated version for about $15 that
does work with System 5.0. I received one about 2 months ago!

              proline: billy@pro-colony
              uucp   : crash!pnet01!pro-colony!billy
              inet   : crash!billy@pro-colony.cts.com
              arpa   : crash!pnet01!pro-colony!billy@nosc.mil

kermie@pro-lep.cts.com (Prince Kermie) (01/15/90)

>If you sent in your registration card, you should've received an order form
>through the mail allowing you to order an updated version for about $15 that
>does work with System 5.0. I received one about 2 months ago!

Im a registered owner of Paintworks Gold and the upgrade I recieved in the
mail for the $15 was an upgrade to system 4.0...this does not work 5.0 or
5.0.2

Also, Im looking for a HAYES modem driver for an apple II+ with a serial card
in slot 2...it needs to work with a BBS written in basic and currently running
under dos 3.3
Tremain:if you recieve this message, send me your usenet address
<from the AYC>
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!kermie
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!kermie@nosc.mil