[comp.sys.apple] Adding menus from an NDA using TML Pascal II

apoy@caen.engin.umich.edu (Alfred Lim Poy) (01/12/90)

I am working on an NDA from which I want to add a menu
to the menu bar.  I can add it using the InsertMenu
command but I need to know the menu number of the last
menu so that my NDA menu can be placed last.  How do
I find out the menu number of the last menu?
Thanks for your help.
                          Al Poy

Al Poy                  | Internet: apoy@caen.engin.umich.edu
College of Engineering  | Bitnet  : Al_Poy@umichub
University of Michigan  | "Rejection is one thing, but rejection

In article <47ff0afb.17b82@ant.engin.umich.edu> apoy@caen.engin.umich.edu (Alfred Lim Poy) writes:
>I am working on an NDA from which I want to add a menu
>to the menu bar.  I can add it using the InsertMenu
>command but I need to know the menu number of the last
>menu so that my NDA menu can be placed last.  How do
>I find out the menu number of the last menu?
>Thanks for your help.
>                          Al Poy

In simplest terms?  You don't.

This is commonly seen on the Macintosh, but the IIgs doesn't support it (and
probably never will).  On the other hand, the IIgs supports putting your own
menu bar inside the DA window, which is not often done on the Macintosh.

This is in fact the preferred method - put your menus in your own menu bar
inside the DA window.  See Apple IIgs TN #3 for some examples.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."