[comp.sys.apple] GBBS Pro 1.2 help

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (01/04/90)

Does someone have a patch to make GBBS Pro 1.2 hand the years 1990
and above?  I just put my bbs back up (since December) and, as my
clock died (grumble grumble) I have to use the no system clock
option and manually set the clock in the system.seg area.  However,
when I enter 01/03/90, it displays on the next line (and subsequent
displayed dates) 01/03/8: which just isn't acceptable.  So is there
a patch floating around?
--
John  M.  Adams    --*--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!
Internet:  jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (01/05/90)

In article <21612@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu
(John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:

> Does someone have a patch to make GBBS Pro 1.2 hand the years 1990
> and above?  I just put my bbs back up (since December) and, as my
> clock died (grumble grumble) I have to use the no system clock
> option and manually set the clock in the system.seg area.  However,
> when I enter 01/03/90, it displays on the next line (and subsequent
> displayed dates) 01/03/8: which just isn't acceptable.  So is there
> a patch floating around?

There is an updated ACOS being distributed by L&L Productions called
ACOS 2.0 that fixes that problem and adds a few extra features like
onerr goto, etc.  You can call them up and download it for free if you
are a registered owner.

There is a patch floating around to fix the date, but I believe it causes
problems with the when$ function in ACOS, so updating to ACOS 2.0 seems
to be the way to go...

andy

--
Andy Nicholas             GEnie, AM-Online: shrinkit
Box 435, Moravian College       CompuServe: 70771,2615

roy@shumv1.uucp (Roy Reter) (01/05/90)

Please let me know if you find a patch for this.  Our system has also got the
same date problem.  Please mail replies to  roy@shumv1.ncsu.edu

Thanks,

Roy

mitch@rbdc.UUCP (Mitch Berry) (01/16/90)

In article <21612@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
>Does someone have a patch to make GBBS Pro 1.2 hand the years 1990
>and above?  I just put my bbs back up (since December) and, as my
>clock died (grumble grumble) I have to use the no system clock
>option and manually set the clock in the system.seg area.  However,
>when I enter 01/03/90, it displays on the next line (and subsequent
>displayed dates) 01/03/8: which just isn't acceptable.  So is there
>a patch floating around?
>--

Gee im glad to see someong else has the same problem that i have....somebody??
a patch please???

thrash

saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (01/17/90)

I think you'll both find what you're looking for in comp.binaries.apple2.
I just checked there a bit ago to see if anything interesting turned up.

| A keyboard--how quaint!              |     |       \  The power to
|                     --M. Scott, STIV |      \      /  be your best

dredick@pro-tcc.cts.com (Darrin Redick) (01/18/90)

There is a patch on The Sound Barrier, @ 916/758-9540.

Darrin Redick                      ProLine: dredick@pro-tcc
2966 McGuffey Rd.
Columbus, Ohio  43224-4136         "Best speed Scotty..." - Kirk, Trek III:TSFS