[comp.sys.apple] COPY, TYPE, and SHRINKIT for 6502.

mlarken@ac.dal.ca (01/15/90)

     I've recently been after several pieces of code for the Apple.  I have
an unmodified Apple //e, with an 800K MicroDrive and 128K of RAM.

     The code I'm after includes:
      o COPY
      o SHRINKIT for non-65C02 (Mousetext) computers
      o A public-domain ProDOS-8 driver for standard Hayes modems, with
        some editing capabilities (just a line input/output)
      o A program to read files from disk, sensing End of File, and
        allowing interruption of the READ from the modem input, preferably
        with a PAUSE at a set line increment.

     If you haven't guessed, it's for a bulletin board.

     The crux of my dilemma, however, is my search for the COPY command.
I downloaded one from COMP.BIN.APPLE2 here, and then ran it through BINSCII.
It gave me a file, COPY.SRK.SYS, with the filetype $E0.  I can't execute
or load this file ... is it in Shrinkit format?

Markum.

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (01/16/90)

In article <1113@ac.dal.ca>, mlarken@ac.dal.ca writes:

>      The code I'm after includes:

>       o SHRINKIT for non-65C02 (Mousetext) computers

You can find II+ UnShrinkIt on most BBS's and the major online services.
It works fine on the nmos-6502's...

> Markum.

andy

saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (01/17/90)

Files of type $E0 are NuFX archives, which are readable by ShrinkIt and related
programs.  A pair of programs to shrink and unshrink files on the II Plus and
original IIe is available on brownvm.brown.edu.

A COPY and a TYPE command for ProDOS have both been published in Nibble.  When
I get back to my room, I'll look up the issues.  Offhand, I think the COPY
command was published in November or December 1985.

----------------------------------------          /|
----------------------------------------     |      |
----------------------------------------       \_/\_/

In article <113300239@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Files of type $E0 are NuFX archives, which are readable by ShrinkIt and related
>programs.  A pair of programs to shrink and unshrink files on the II Plus and
>original IIe is available on brownvm.brown.edu.

Nice try.  Files of type $E0 are archived library files; the auxiliary type
(or auxtype) of the files distinguishes the specific kind.  Auxtype $8002
indicates a NuFX archive; the Finder properly reflects this.

For more information, see "About File Type Notes".

>| Scott Alfter

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."

mitch@rbdc.UUCP (Mitch Berry) (01/19/90)

uhh. i was wondering if somebody out there that has access to current lists
of prodos 8 file types and aux types post it here regularly...that way
people have the list for their programs or whatever...well sound good?

mitch

cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (01/19/90)

Sorry about the slight slip-up.  Life was simpler before the IIGS and its
extensive use of the "auxiliary type."  I suppose, tho', that we have to pay
some price for progress! :-)

|            free0066@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu |     |      |