[comp.sys.apple] Imagewriter II buffer problems

jsaker@zeus.unl.edu ( Jamie Saker -- Student, UNO) (01/22/90)

Recently, I have had difficulty with my Imagewriter II printer (connected
to my IIgs).  Using all applications that utilize the printer, the printer
prints  the first page with no difficulty then after the first few lines
on the second page of text, it starts printing garbage (as if the buffer
was filled and not slowing down the IIgs in its stream of data).  Within
about another page, no matter how long the document was, it finishes.

Initially I thought this was a hardware (broken buffer or something) after
checking all of my setup options in my control panel, but about two
weeks later, my roommate's IIgs and Imagewriter II started doing the same
thing.  Oddly enough, he has no problems printing out with Appleworks GS
(I use Appleworks 2.0 and also use proterm for other printing).

Is this a Prodos problem (possible corruption)?  Or perhaps a lesser-known
Apple virus?  We have checked cables, setup, tried different applications
to print with, etc..  No luck...

Has anyone experienced any similar problem or heard of this before?

Thanks in advance!

||                                                                        ||
||  Jamie Saker       Bitnet:  JSAKER@UNOMA1       or ACMEDIT@UNOMA1      ||
||  Editor in Chief   Internet:JSAKER@zeus.unl.edu or acmedit@zeus.unl.edu||
||  Monitor Magazine  USMail:  PO Box 218  UNO       Cdt Lt               ||
||  Univ. Ne Omaha             Omaha, NE  68132      135 Signal           ||
||________________________________________________________________________||

nparker@CIE.UOREGON.EDU (01/22/90)

In article <6786.25ba2809@zeus.unl.edu> jsaker@zeus.unl.edu ( Jamie Saker -- Student, UNO) writes:
>Recently, I have had difficulty with my Imagewriter II printer (connected
>to my IIgs).  Using all applications that utilize the printer, the printer
>prints  the first page with no difficulty then after the first few lines
>on the second page of text, it starts printing garbage (as if the buffer
>was filled and not slowing down the IIgs in its stream of data).  Within
>about another page, no matter how long the document was, it finishes.

About a month ago I had almost exactly the same problem.  I was tearing my
hair out trying to figure out whether it