[comp.sys.apple] low-level formatting

cwilson@NISC.SRI.COM (Chan Wilson) (02/01/90)

In article <9001311203.AA11010@apple.com> 96975089@WSUVM1.BITNET (Ken Smith) writes:
>i recently purchased a CMS SD40 hard drive from a mac user who felt a sudden
>urge to upgrade to a IIcx.
[slurp]

Along similar lines, has anyone gotten a dataframe drive (from supermac) to
work on a GS?  The drive itself is NOT scsi, it's edsi with a translation
board inbetween.  Needless to say, my GS didn't recognize it. (How does
one tell the revision level on the scsi card, btw?)   Is there a driver
out for such beasts?  Or, is this why CMS needs to market their own scsi
card for their drives...?

--Chan
  Chan Wilson -- cwilson@nisc.sri.com <or> radius!cwilson@apple.com
Janitor/Architect of comp.binaries.apple2 archive on wuarchive.wustl.edu
	      I don't speak for SRI, someone else does.