[comp.sys.apple] Appleworks Spreadsheet File Value Formats

In article <291.25c09522@desire.wright.edu> w0033@desire.wright.edu writes:
>I would refer you to the Apple II Filetype Technote on type $1B (Appleworks
>Spreadsheet file). It probably has all the information you are looking for and
>more. If you can't get a hold of this send me email and I'll extract the parts
>that sound like what you are looking for.

AppleWorks uses SANE for spreadsheet calculations, and all those eight-byte
values are SANE numbers.  The format of these numbers is described in the
_Apple Numerics Manual_, either edition (both editions cover 6502 and 68000
SANE, only the second edition covers 65816 and 68881 SANE).

>The Apple tech notes in general are a great source of information. I would
>reccommend anyone who has a desire to get beyond pointing and clicking might
>want to take a look at some of the info. All sorts of good stuff in them.

We try.  :)

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."