[comp.sys.apple] New Apples...

On Wed, 31 Jan 90 15:58:39 GMT you said:
>In InfoWorld from 1/29/90, Robert Cringely writes:
>
>"Apple has finally shipped beta test sites of the new Apple II CPU...
>
>I thought you might like to know...

Gee, is there an echo in here? :-)  Cringely hardly edited what I sent him
(a striking familiarity to what was posted to this net last week,
eh what?).  He even preserved my typo -- I REALLY was told 600 by 400 but
messed up the numbers while editing.  Funny how I hit upon a meaningful
alternative.  Whatever the merit of square fonts, and I AM told that the
design remains in flux (if you want a SWIM chip in the final version, now is
the time to speak up -- to Jerry Cline and anyone else who'll listen), I
think the video configuration probably is beyond alteration.  The speed
depends on what CPU can be COUNTED UPON in VOLUME.  I'll have to ask about
memory speed versus memory caching (or whether you'll have to repopulate
your memory cards).  There's a *possibility* that the thing'll have a 16-bit
bus.

Anyway, you can't take Cringely's column as 'additional' information.
Cringely sent my coffee cup third class, but he has told me it's coming
(we've swapped a few other 'yarns' as well, more on that later -- gotta
save SOMETHING for the next column ;-)

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)