[comp.sys.apple] Rom 04

billy@pro-colony.cts.com (Billy Long) (02/03/90)

He promised "a new Apple II CPU." I think that includes the IIc+, which means
he kept his promise.

              proline: billy@pro-colony
              uucp   : crash!pnet01!pro-colony!billy
              inet   : crash!billy@pro-colony.cts.com
              arpa   : crash!pnet01!pro-colony!billy@nosc.mil

rnf@shumv1.uucp (Rick Fincher) (02/04/90)

In article <14969.apple.ii.info-apple@pro-colony> billy@pro-colony.cts.com (Billy Long) writes:

>He promised "a new Apple II CPU." I think that includes the IIc+, which means
>he kept his promise.

No, the IIc Plus was introduced at the same time.  He promised another Apple II
CPU within a year to 18 months.  The new gs could possibly be what he was talk-
ing about.  If the so-called ROM 4 machine is released in Sept. it would only
be 6 months late,  I can live with that if it gives them time to mass produce
a faster central processor.

Rick Fincher
rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu