[comp.sys.apple] Results of comp.sys.apple2.tech vote

farrier@Apple.COM (Cary Farrier) (01/16/90)

[The original of this was sent with lines beginning with "From ", which causes
many mailers, including the standard Beserkeley mailer, to choke big time.
My posting mailbox has been totally hosed by this (I'm sure unintentionally),
and I have received literally hundreds of partial copies of this message, so in
the future please do not send voter lists that have all the lines beginning
with "From ". The followup had lines beginning with >From which isn't much
better because it gets rejected by "inews" due to too much included text. To
get this posted I had to hand-edit it and strip out the >From from all the
voter names. P.S. Some unrelated postings may have been unintentionally lost
in the deluge, so if you posted something which doesn't show up in the next
day or so, please repost. --moderator]

The results of the voting on the comp.sys.apple2.tech newsgroup are in:

	YES:	90
	 NO:	30

According to the newsgroup creation guidelines, there must be at least
100 more 'yes' votes than 'no' votes, a criteria which was not met; therefore
the newsgroup comp.sys.apple2.tech will not be created.

Listed below are the addresses of the votes received.

My thanks to all those who took the time to send in their votes (both
yes and no votes).

Cary Farrier

YES Votes:

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU Wed Dec 13 18:02:09 1989
rck@alpha.ces.cwru.edu Wed Dec 13 18:08:47 1989
claris!jazzman Wed Dec 13 18:10:46 1989
mccann@plains.NoDak.edu Wed Dec 13 18:12:05 1989
bridson@primate.wisc.edu Wed Dec 13 18:48:55 1989
jac@paul.rutgers.edu Wed Dec 13 19:01:45 1989
rankins@multinomial.crd.ge.com Wed Dec 13 20:06:23 1989
mhamaoka@ATHENA.MIT.EDU Wed Dec 13 20:36:59 1989
c60b2-ar@garnet.berkeley.edu Wed Dec 13 20:44:33 1989
bsherman@mthvax.CS.Miami.EDU Wed Dec 13 21:50:53 1989
ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU Wed Dec 13 22:20:17 1989
krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu Thu Dec 14 00:09:49 1989
Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu Thu Dec 14 07:16:24 1989
shatara@memit.enet.dec.com Thu Dec 14 07:56:48 1989
ames!garp!mit-eddie!alliant!muller Thu Dec 14 08:15:48 1989
cuphub!bar5834@cs.pitt.edu Thu Dec 14 08:17:47 1989
@po3.andrew.cmu.edu:gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu Thu Dec 14 08:30:31 1989
estell@cs.uiuc.edu Thu Dec 14 08:34:13 1989
cullen@cs.Buffalo.EDU Thu Dec 14 09:01:45 1989
palermo@en.ecn.purdue.edu Thu Dec 14 09:09:22 1989
hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU Thu Dec 14 10:33:29 1989
ccastbs@prism.gatech.edu Thu Dec 14 11:16:27 1989
kuo@snoopy.Colorado.EDU Thu Dec 14 11:21:50 1989
pnakada@pnakada.oracle.com Thu Dec 14 12:10:11 1989
slabovit@BLACKBIRD.AFIT.AF.MIL Thu Dec 14 12:20:03 1989
@po2.andrew.cmu.edu:bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu Thu Dec 14 12:23:57 1989
dickson%girtab.usc.edu@usc.edu Thu Dec 14 13:37:33 1989
Orion@cup.portal.com Thu Dec 14 13:51:56 1989
steve@chimayo.unm.edu Thu Dec 14 14:01:18 1989
roy@shumv1.ncsu.edu Thu Dec 14 17:48:03 1989
mattd Thu Dec 14 18:33:27 1989
aj0@sage.cc.purdue.edu Thu Dec 14 21:08:45 1989
crash!pnet01!pnet07!pro-grouch!danield@trout.nosc.mil Fri Dec 15 00:07:16 1989
crash!pnet01!pro-simasd!pro-exchange!rich@trout.nosc.mil Fri Dec 15 03:21:36 1989
bungia!orbit!pnet51!dougm Fri Dec 15 08:49:22 1989
razeh@rodan.acs.syr.edu Fri Dec 15 09:31:26 1989
CARPENTR@SERVAX.BITNET Fri Dec 15 12:36:46 1989
schissel@phoenix.Princeton.EDU Fri Dec 15 13:17:42 1989
blochowi%garfield.cs.wisc.edu@cs.wisc.edu Fri Dec 15 13:50:53 1989
TAYLORJ@BYUVAX.BITNET Fri Dec 15 19:28:53 1989
marque!studsys!buchho@uunet.UU.NET Fri Dec 15 21:34:03 1989
throoph@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU Fri Dec 15 22:45:33 1989
@RELAY.CS.NET:nicholaA%moravian.edu@catwoman.moravian.edu Sat Dec 16 00:13:26 1989
crash!pnet01!pnet51!pro-abyss!dwelliver@trout.nosc.mil Sat Dec 16 06:05:42 1989
bungia!orbit!pnet51!dickhp Sat Dec 16 07:46:53 1989
crash!danr@trout.nosc.mil Sat Dec 16 15:38:51 1989
crash!pnet01!pro-simasd!pro-avalon!jeffj@trout.nosc.mil Sat Dec 16 23:07:35 1989
ames!lll-winken!uwm!carroll1!acct069 Sun Dec 17 10:40:07 1989
steven@enel.UCalgary.CA Sun Dec 17 15:15:52 1989
MMPR004@ECNCDC.BITNET Sun Dec 17 17:02:04 1989
munnari!fawlty.towers.oz.au!johnmac@uunet.UU.NET Sun Dec 17 22:11:55 1989
crash!pnet01!pnet07!pro-grouch!pro-realm!pro-graphics!bobl@trout.nosc.mil Mon Dec 18 00:06:39 1989
microsoft!roberth@beaver.cs.washington.edu Mon Dec 18 07:23:24 1989
dcw@sun-bear.LCS.MIT.EDU Mon Dec 18 08:21:03 1989
@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU:ERAN@BGUNVE Tue Dec 19 03:58:49 1989
IRPGMR7@OUACCVMB.BITNET Tue Dec 19 08:01:25 1989
alf@clinet.FI Tue Dec 19 12:43:41 1989
rang@cs.wisc.edu Tue Dec 19 13:28:53 1989
ames!mailrus!wuarchive!texbell!nuchat!paulh Tue Dec 19 20:35:27 1989
rick@pavlov.bcm.tmc.edu Wed Dec 20 09:20:24 1989
sunpix!matthew@East.Sun.COM Sat Dec 23 12:58:13 1989
@NISCA.IRCC.OHIO-STATE.EDU:jak@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu Thu Dec 28 23:57:32 1989
shankar@src.honeywell.com Sat Dec 30 16:13:12 1989
bungia!orbit!pnet51!stgeorge Sun Dec 31 15:12:42 1989
ames!mailrus!wuarchive!texbell!nuchat!jeffn Mon Jan  1 01:25:11 1990
spike@world.std.com Wed Jan  3 12:55:25 1990
cfctech!ttardis!rlw@sharkey.cc.umich.edu Thu Jan  4 09:23:07 1990
roy@shumv1.ncsu.edu Fri Jan  5 15:41:48 1990
hanson@watsci.waterloo.edu Fri Jan  5 16:28:28 1990
billg%quacky.mips.com@mips.com Fri Jan  5 17:29:17 1990
lunatic@ucscb.UCSC.EDU Fri Jan  5 19:25:38 1990
irie2%husc8@harvard.harvard.edu Sat Jan  6 09:05:51 1990
jeffd@csd4.csd.uwm.edu Sat Jan  6 18:07:46 1990
mahan@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu Sat Jan  6 18:15:37 1990
acm@fermi.CES.CWRU.Edu Sat Jan  6 18:17:16 1990
dseah@wpi.wpi.edu Sun Jan  7 10:22:20 1990
tippy!buzz@newton.physics.purdue.edu Sun Jan  7 14:36:51 1990
kadickey@phoenix.Princeton.EDU Sun Jan  7 18:44:10 1990
pa1017%sdcc13@ucsd.edu Sun Jan  7 19:10:13 1990
kpfleger@phoenix.Princeton.EDU Sun Jan  7 19:26:00 1990
DAVE@WALLY.MCEO.DG.COM Mon Jan  8 09:58:13 1990
alan%essex.ac.uk@NSFnet-Relay.AC.UK Tue Jan  9 02:55:22 1990
HOWARD@UTKVX2.BITNET Tue Jan  9 11:12:42 1990
greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu Tue Jan  9 17:18:12 1990
n8948315@unicorn.wwu.edu Tue Jan  9 20:12:05 1990
hayes Wed Jan 10 19:16:05 1990
munnari!wolfen.cc.uow.oz.au!david@uunet.UU.NET Wed Jan 10 22:48:25 1990
cyliao@mordor.eng.umd.edu Thu Jan 11 15:04:31 1990
@ARPA.ATT.COM:cbnewsd!bird@att.att.com Fri Jan 12 08:13:06 1990
whitesel@csvax.caltech.edu Sun Jan 14 12:34:36 1990

NO Votes:

icsu6000@caesar.cs.montana.edu Wed Dec 13 20:34:56 1989
wilken@plains.NoDak.edu Wed Dec 13 20:49:02 1989
@SMOKE.BRL.MIL:abc@BRL.ARPA Wed Dec 13 20:58:55 1989
UD182050@VM1.NoDak.EDU Wed Dec 13 21:31:33 1989
@SMOKE.BRL.MIL:gwyn@BRL.ARPA Thu Dec 14 00:03:07 1989
@CORNELLC.cit.cornell.edu:lwv27@CAS Thu Dec 14 04:17:37 1989
@RELAY.CS.NET:rsalz%bbn.com@PINEAPPLE.BBN.COM Thu Dec 14 05:06:58 1989
munnari!mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU!ianr@uunet.UU.NET Thu Dec 14 05:52:10 1989
howard@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM Thu Dec 14 06:11:12 1989
bungia!dayton!jad Thu Dec 14 08:01:30 1989
mek4_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu Thu Dec 14 08:09:15 1989
pyramid!swbatl!texbell!chinacat!chip Thu Dec 14 11:52:48 1989
SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET Thu Dec 14 13:38:48 1989
marc%zoom@IRO.UMontreal.CA Thu Dec 14 18:53:24 1989
peirce@gumby.cc.wmich.edu Fri Dec 15 06:04:50 1989
ames!pacbell!pbhyd!ldcol Fri Dec 15 19:56:59 1989
ames!mailrus!uunet!microsoft!brianw Sat Dec 16 16:35:17 1989
Q4KX@CORNELLA.cit.cornell.edu Sat Dec 16 18:07:30 1989
TMPLee.TIS@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL Sat Dec 16 21:48:49 1989
oplinger@ra.crd.ge.com Mon Dec 18 11:21:53 1989
bcstec!tahoma!prl3546@uunet.UU.NET Mon Dec 18 11:47:21 1989
joseph@elbereth.rutgers.edu Mon Dec 18 15:08:44 1989
mitel!sce!cognos!alzabo!kebera@uunet.UU.NET Mon Dec 18 18:14:30 1989
UNESTJ@UNCVX1.BITNET Mon Dec 18 21:02:05 1989
crash!pnet01!pro-simasd!pro-generic!ericmcg@trout.nosc.mil Wed Dec 20 00:07:06 1989
davidbrierley@lynx.northeastern.edu Tue Jan  2 07:35:42 1990
MAR21AA@TECHNION.BITNET Thu Jan  4 10:59:10 1990
grio@cs.psu.edu Fri Jan  5 12:20:23 1990
csusac!rohwerwd@ucdavis.edu Sat Jan  6 22:40:30 1990
ajs33293@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu Wed Jan 10 18:01:18 1990
--
+---------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| Cary Farrier                          | Internet  : farrier@apple.com   |

On Mon, 15 Jan 90 17:28:54 GMT Cary Farrier said:
>The results of the voting on the comp.sys.apple2.tech newsgroup are in:
>
>   YES: 90
>    NO: 30

Gee, only 120 votes total?  Considering the verbosity of this group, either
we are (a little more than) 120 REAL chatterboxes, or (more likely I think)
there's a powerful lot of apathy out there.  I wonder how many folks failed
to vote properly (sent a comment to comp.sys.apple instead of email to
Farrier@Apple.COM)?

I'd guess that changing the name from comp.sys.apple to comp.sys.apple2
would be a LOT less controversial (anyone planning to vote 'no'??), but
taking a vote will not be worth the trouble (might even lead the powers that
be to question the cost-benefit of comp.sys.apple) if we can only muster
120 voters :-(

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)

bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) (01/18/90)

In article <9001171452.AA12562@apple.com> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (Murph Sewall) writes:

>On Mon, 15 Jan 90 17:28:54 GMT Cary Farrier said:
>>The results of the voting on the comp.sys.apple2.tech newsgroup are in:
>>
>>   YES: 90
>>    NO: 30

>Gee, only 120 votes total?  Considering the verbosity of this group, either
>we are (a little more than) 120 REAL chatterboxes, or (more likely I think)
>there's a powerful lot of apathy out there.  I wonder how many folks failed
>to vote properly (sent a comment to comp.sys.apple instead of email to
>Farrier@Apple.COM)?

>I'd guess that changing the name from comp.sys.apple to comp.sys.apple2
>would be a LOT less controversial (anyone planning to vote 'no'??), but
>taking a vote will not be worth the trouble (might even lead the powers that
>be to question the cost-benefit of comp.sys.apple) if we can only muster
120 voters :-(

Ah yes Murph, as much as I am afraid to say it (and I'm sure I will have
to duck some torch flames), I think you have hit the so called nail right
on the head..

We seem to have a lot of "criers" around here, they yell, scream, and shed
tears over what they claim is not going the way they want it to go, and
they excell at "doom & gloom" fables, BUT they do not know how to, or
do not care to take any positive steps to actually get something positive
done.. By gosh, Apple is willing to take the time to sponsor a technical
forum for the Apple II world (hey folks, Apple is showing intent to
DO SOMETHING in the Apple II world) and what happens? the "criers" go
to sleep at the switch.. But next week I'll wager that they will be back
with their next chapter of "doom & gloom"..

The same thing no doubt applies to the appeal from Jerry Cline for
positive input for the Apple II folks that he met with.. The same do
nothing types will continue to cry, but nothing else.. By golly, if you
don't have an account on AOL, then beg, borrow or whatever 5 minutes worth
of time from someone that does, and get your letter sent. If you cannot
do it that way, then I am sure you could send written letters to any
board member of the Apple Developers Association (Barney Stone, Roger
Wagner, among many others) and ask them to forward the letter to the
Apple II marketing folks.. They know who they are, after all, they have
also been meeting with them.. If all of the above fails, check on the
bottom of your trusty Apple, or on an Apple drive or whatever, and there
you should find the address for Apple, write a letter and send it to
that address, attention of the Director of Marketing, Apple II Division,
and I'm sure it will get to the right mail stop..

It really matters not which way you do it, BUT DO IT NOW.. You should not
have the right to cry later, if you don't speak up now!!

We have already lost the Apple Tech feed here from lack of interest, let's
not loose whatever the future may hold in the Apple II world for the same
reason. If the Apple II is going to sink, let's make it sink from the
weight of our letters, not from the lack of interest..

--
    bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL: BSHERMAN

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (01/18/90)

In article <1504@umigw.MIAMI.EDU> bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) writes:
>By gosh, Apple is willing to take the time to sponsor a technical
>forum for the Apple II world (hey folks, Apple is showing intent to
>DO SOMETHING in the Apple II world) and what happens? the "criers" go
>to sleep at the switch..

If you're referring to the call for creation of comp.sys.apple2.tech,
I'd wager that most of the 30 "No" voters didn't think it would help.
comp.sys.apple (whose name I wouldn't mind changing to comp.sys.apple2
to scare the Macintosh folks away) already serves as an unmoderated
Apple II technical newsgroup.  If it isn't very useful, then neither
would comp.sys.apple2.tech be some time after it got rolling.

jearls@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU ( Stupid ) (01/19/90)

gwyn@brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) says:
[stuff deleted]
>comp.sys.apple (whose name I wouldn't mind changing to comp.sys.apple2
[stuff deleted]

When is the voting period for changing comp.sys.apple to comp.sys.apple2
going to be?  (Or is it not going to be :-)

- JohN

Stupid@Idiots.Anonymous.Com | There's an explanation for everything. Tis a pity
jearls@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU  | that many of those explanations make no sense.
earlsj@AFAL-EDWARDS.AF.MIL  | - The Teachings of Ebenezum, volume LXIX

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Jawaid Bazyar) (01/19/90)

In article <1504@umigw.MIAMI.EDU> bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu (Bob Sherman) writes:
>In article <9001171452.AA12562@apple.com> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (Murph Sewall) writes:

[stuff about "bitchers" deleted]

>It really matters not which way you do it, BUT DO IT NOW.. You should not
>have the right to cry later, if you don't speak up now!!
>
>We have already lost the Apple Tech feed here from lack of interest, let's
>not loose whatever the future may hold in the Apple II world for the same
>reason. If the Apple II is going to sink, let's make it sink from the
>weight of our letters, not from the lack of interest..
>
>--
>    bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL: BSHERMAN
>>>  Miami's Big Apple - 305-948-8000 - 24 hours - 300/1200 - PCP'able  <<
>>>  Oldest Apple support board in Southeast. Now in it's ninth year.   <<

   Well put Bob.  Perhaps a net-wide open letter, much like the one used to
defeat the FCC Modem Tax would be in order?
   Also, for those of you who use BBS's in your locality, take it upon
yourselves to solicit input from the users of these BBS's.  That's what I'm
doing right now.  Collect it all and E-mail or whatever to the right people.
   In other words, we all know the GS could be better, so let's DO SOMETHING
ABOUT IT.  Get INVOLVED (ooh, that word that Americans hate to hear).  The
Future of the Apple // is WHAT YOU MAKE IT.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | This message was posted to thousands of machines
Junior/Computer Engineering | throughout the entire civilized world. It cost

TE880714%STUDTEW.UFSIA.AC.BE@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Stef Bracke) (01/19/90)

I am very sorry I did not vote, but
I think I do not understand the whole COMP.SYS... affair.
Is that a BBS or something? I only receive INFO-APPLE and
APPLE2-L but no trace of COMP.SYS..
Also, I like to work with ZMODEM. Someone advised to download
it from a BBS; pretty costly if you phone from Europe. If have
a free account on EARN, so maybe I can get it through there. (Using
APPLE2-L I bet|)

                          Greetings,
                                    Stef Bracke
                                    Deurne, Belgium, Europe

spike@world.std.com (Joe Ilacqua) (01/19/90)

In article <25b6015a.211d@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> jearls@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (  Stupid  ) writes:
<When is the voting period for changing comp.sys.apple to comp.sys.apple2
<going to be?  (Or is it not going to be :-)

	If all goes well it will start Sunday the 21th and run the
required 30 days.  (of course if uunet does come back up...)
->Spike
--
"The World" - Public Access Unix - +1 617-739-9753  24hrs {3,12,24}00bps

lvirden@pro-tcc.cts.com (Larry Virden) (01/20/90)

Cary, I just did a rough check today at work on comp.sys.apple.  Out of a
weeks worth of messages there were approx. 130 different folks posting.  So
your stats sound pretty good actually.  If there are really only 150 or so
regular users of this group, with lots of occasional noise and LOADS of
readers, then you got a pretty good turnout.  What I found was that we had to
try about 2-3 times before we got the comp.binaries.apple2 group created!  And
before that, there was a semi-band on any postings of programs whatsoever
cause some folk preferred not to get the programs in their mailboxes.  Esp
when things like rogue's 30 (or was that 100?) messages went out!
--
Larry W. Virden                 ProLine: pro-tcc!lvirden
674 Falls Place                 Work:   lvirden@cas.bitnet

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (01/21/90)

In article <9001171452.AA12562@apple.com> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (Murph Sewall) writes:
>On Mon, 15 Jan 90 17:28:54 GMT Cary Farrier said:
>>The results of the voting on the comp.sys.apple2.tech newsgroup are in:
>>
>>   YES: 90
>>    NO: 30
>
>Gee, only 120 votes total?  Considering the verbosity of this group, either
>we are (a little more than) 120 REAL chatterboxes, or (more likely I think)
>there's a powerful lot of apathy out there.  I wonder how many folks failed
>to vote properly (sent a comment to comp.sys.apple instead of email to
>Farrier@Apple.COM)?
>
>I'd guess that changing the name from comp.sys.apple to comp.sys.apple2
>would be a LOT less controversial (anyone planning to vote 'no'??), but
>taking a vote will not be worth the trouble (might even lead the powers that
>be to question the cost-benefit of comp.sys.apple) if we can only muster
>120 voters :-(
>
>/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
>      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
> + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)

Yeah, only 120 votes, it surprised me too. But I guess that since the vote
performed during the winterbreak, perhaps lots people didn't read the news-
group these days.  Maybe we should consider to vote again after schools begin.
my school begins on Jan 22nd, 90.

--
|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
|I want my own NeXT, 64 Mb RAM, 660 Mb SCSI, NeXT laser |    Chun Yao Liao    |

On Fri, 19 Jan 90 19:14:07 EST you said:
>readers, then you got a pretty good turnout.  What I found was that we had to
>try about 2-3 times before we got the comp.binaries.apple2 group created!

I'd expect there'll be more votes for comp.sys.apple2.tech if a moderator
(being an editor is NOT necessary) can be found.  For a good example
of that sort of list see info-kermit.

mitch@rbdc.UUCP (Mitch Berry) (01/22/90)

In article <1990Jan20.185907.18503@eng.umd.edu> cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) writes:
>Yeah, only 120 votes, it surprised me too. But I guess that since the vote
>performed during the winterbreak, perhaps lots people didn't read the news-
>group these days.  Maybe we should consider to vote again after schools begin.
>my school begins on Jan 22nd, 90.

well actually thats a good idea to make sure its during the school season is
in that way more of the people have access to their unix systems...i dont
remember what time of year the first one was ran...i know i voted yes though.

THrashing Rage
sb@pro-generic.cts.com (Stephen Brown) (02/04/90)

In this article, Cary Farrier says:
[snip]
>but I'm pressed for time right now.
[snip]
>I won't
>have time for about 6 months.
[snip]
>| Cary Farrier                          | Internet  : farrier@apple.com   |
>| Apple II Systems Software Engineering | UUCP      : apple!farrier       |
[snip]

This DOES look like a good sign, doesn't it! Perhaps System Software 6.0...?
Maybe more? Long Live the Apple II.
(The true Father of Apple Computer, Inc., and most certainly its saviour)

UUCP: crash!pro-generic!sb
ARPA: crash!pro-generic!sb@nosc.mil
INET: sb@pro-generic.cts.com