[comp.sys.apple] Need some proterm help

mrn31796@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (01/22/90)

I need help with Proterm.  I just upgraded from 1.8 to 2.1 and the terminal
emulation called adm3a doesn't seem to work exactly right with such things
as the vi editor and irc.  The other two big emulations in use vt-100 and
vt 52 dont seem to work on either version correctly.  I'm running the program
on a 128k+128k enhanced apple //e using a 2400 baud hayes compatible.  Has
anyone else seen this type of problem before and been able to fix it?  I think
the problem lies in the computer somewhere because it likes to drop the second
or third character in each line also.  When I take the same setup and run it
off of my friends apple //c everything works fine.  I am totally confused.  Any
wizards out there your help would be appreciated.

					Thancks in advance,

					Mike Neuliep

Internet:  mrn31796@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
I really dont care what people think about my opinions.
:wq

mitch@rbdc.UUCP (Mitch Berry) (02/03/90)

In article <90029.231053JLS139@PSUVM.BITNET> JLS139@psuvm.psu.edu (Abadon) writes:

>                                     My solution to this has been to enter
>OA-R (or OA-S) and then once the Proterm volume is back online I ESC and

uhh what exactly do you mean by proterm volume is back online? ..in the drive
(i never took it out) or do you just mean is the proterm disk logged as the
current directory?...

[Mitch Berry (Thrashing Rage)|UUCP:mitch@rbdc.UUCP|PROLINE:thrash@pro-Dchamber]
"I want to play my music, As loud as I please. I want to grow my hair down to
 my knees. I wont get a job and be punching your clock, Won't be another number
 in your lay off slot."  DRI -- 'You Say I'm Scum'  $FLAMES > /dev/null^m

JLS139@psuvm.psu.edu (Abadon) (02/05/90)

In article <997@rbdc.UUCP>, mitch@rbdc.UUCP (Mitch Berry) says:

>In article <90029.231053JLS139@PSUVM.BITNET> JLS139@psuvm.psu.edu (Abadon)
>writes:
>>
>>                                     My solution to this has been to enter
>>OA-R (or OA-S) and then once the Proterm volume is back online I ESC and
>
>uhh what exactly do you mean by proterm volume is back online? ..in the drive
>(i never took it out) or do you just mean is the proterm disk logged as the
>current directory?...
>
>[Mitch Berry (Thrashing
>Rage)|UUCP:mitch@rbdc.UUCP|PROLINE:thrash@pro-Dchamber]

 Apologies, I meant logged as current pathname. I was speaking from my point
of view with just one 3.5" drive which would be the same. Either way, by
ESC'ing and then retrying the send or receive command, Proterm changes
the current pathname to the Proterm disk, thereby avoiding a lock-up.

-------
| ...... Jeff Stine ..... |
|<JLS139@PSUVM.EDU.BITNET>|