[comp.sys.apple] Finer Finder

sb@pro-generic.cts.com (Stephen Brown) (02/04/90)

Is it a bug in Finder, or simply my imagination, that you cannot colour an
icon black?

UUCP: crash!pro-generic!sb
ARPA: crash!pro-generic!sb@nosc.mil
INET: sb@pro-generic.cts.com

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (02/05/90)

In article <9842.infoapple.net@pro-generic> sb@pro-generic.cts.com (Stephen Brown) writes:
>Is it a bug in Finder, or simply my imagination, that you cannot colour an
>icon black?

How 'bout neither?  It's as-designed.  The Finder lets you separately
color an icon's "outline" and "background" (see Preferences... dialog).
The two colors for any given icon are fed to DrawIcon in QuickDraw
Auxiliary.

If both are black, no re-coloring is done.  If at least one of the
colors is non-black, then one of the colors replaces what would have
been the black pixels in the icon, and the other replaces what would
have been the white pixels.  Or something like that.
--

 --David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
   Apple II Developer Technical Support      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.