[comp.sys.apple] HYPER C PROBLEMS

ART100@PSUVM.BITNET (Andy Tefft) (02/24/89)

Original note:

>I can't get HyperC to work.  I downloaded the eight files, ran them through
>BINSCii, then through ShrinkIt.  When I try ot get the new disk to boot
>(I've got it on a 5 1/4" it acts like it reading the boot tracks, then it
>quits.  What gives?  any ideas would be appreciated.

Sounds like a pretty common problem. Was this on a GS? I've heard 2 people
with the exact same problem making it work on a GS. I tried to
download it to my //c but, having only 1 drive, was unable to fit
everything on one disk. I'll have to try it at home on the //e with
2 drives but only if I hear someone got it to work!

Andy

PS by the way I originally tried to mail this to info-apple@brl.mil
but got back a nasty reply from brl.arpa that there is an unknown
user name in info-apple@brl.mil. Tried it again, same thing.

mitch@rbdc.UUCP (Mitch Berry) (02/05/90)

ok people...please dont use uuencode...please use binscii.,...and sopmebody
mail it to me again in binscii format PLEASE>..hyperc & fp give that wierd error
btw --andy nicholas...when it gets this error #21 (right>?) it leave the drive
running.....oh well....how depressing i sure hop hyper C is worth the trouble
and hype (snicker)....

--
[Mitch Berry (Thrashing Rage)|UUCP:mitch@rbdc.UUCP|PROLINE:thrash@pro-Dchamber]
"I want to play my music, As loud as I please. I want to grow my hair down to

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (02/06/90)

In article <1003@rbdc.UUCP> mitch@rbdc.UUCP (Mitch Berry) writes:

>ok people...please dont use uuencode...please use binscii.,...and sopmebody
>mail it to me again in binscii format PLEASE>..hyperc & fp give that wierd error
>btw --andy nicholas...when it gets this error #21 (right>?) it leave the drive
>running.....oh well....how depressing i sure hop hyper C is worth the trouble
>and hype (snicker)....
>
>--
>[Mitch Berry (Thrashing Rage)|UUCP:mitch@rbdc.UUCP|PROLINE:thrash@pro-Dchamber]
Ok guys, I already post this a couple times, but people seems not to read these
articles carefully. The ProDOS version of Hyperc can be found in the ftp site
plans.nodak.edu under the directory of pub/appleII/nonGS/languages.  Just get
files hyperc.sdk and fp.sdk. The file hyperc.READ contains 1 line of message
saying that these 2 files are shrinked "disk" files (140k) so you don't need
to bother to download it. I believe that you have to set ftp tranmission to
binary mode before you get these files. Good Luck.

--
|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
|I want my own NeXT, 50MHz 68040, 64Mb RAM, 660Mb SCSI, |    Chun Yao Liao    |