[comp.sys.apple] HC GS

lvirden@pro-tcc.cts.com (Larry Virden) (02/02/90)

With Regard to the discussion about the problems running Mac Hypercards
ona GS.  The solution that _I_ would like to see is a slight internal mod
to Hypercard so that it knows what type of CPU its running on.  Then, the
other mod would be for HC to select the XCMD resources based on the CPU type -
thus one stack would have Mac resources and GS resources and when the stack
was used on the GS the GS resources would be used, etc.   Note that this would
then permit use on the upcoming new generation of 88k cpu machines in the Mac
line and it would even allow sharing of text resources, etc.
--
Larry W. Virden                 ProLine: pro-tcc!lvirden
674 Falls Place                 Work:   lvirden@cas.bitnet

rich@pro-exchange.cts.com (Rich Sims) (02/06/90)

> The solution that _I_ would like to see is a slight internal mod
> to Hypercard so that it knows what type of CPU its running on.

Hypercard already knows what type of CPU it's running on!  Hypercard on a Mac
is running on a 68xxx CPU -- a GS version would be running on a 65816.

Are you also suggesting that all the stacks should contain a set of resources
for each machine?  I can't imagine why Mac owners would want GS resources
occupying disk space, or vice-versa.