[comp.sys.apple] Problem Unpacking Photonix

davep@pro-graphics.cts.com (David Pirmann) (02/03/90)

Chris- that's all you're supposed to get on the directory.  If you haven't
already booted it, it's another of the Free Tools Association's Speedy Boot
disks.  The program seems to work fine.  By the way, what's the general
consensus regarding the safety of using Photonix?  I've heard some bad things
about it.

 ProLine: davep@pro-graphics                  David Pirmann
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!davep         Rutgers College
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!davep@nosc.mil         RPO 827
Internet: davep@pro-graphics.cts.com          New Brunswick, NJ 08903-5063

bh@pro-lep.cts.com (Brian Hicks) (02/06/90)

 I've been using Photonix for about 5 months now with no problems. It does
write to BBRAM though, and doesn't use the toolbox at all... hence the name
'Free Tools Association'. Whatever. The directory has been moved to block
$6A01 or something like that. Just go into your favourite block editor and
look for un-used blocks (a block that is zeroed), and scan backwards from
there. You should be able to find the directory.

                                                  bh
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!bh
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!bh@nosc.mil