[comp.sys.apple] Packet-radio software

S825177@UWEC.BITNET (JEFFREY SORTE) (02/06/90)

I will soon be getting my HAM license, and have read alot about packet-radio.
I find this area very intriguing, however I haven't been able to locate any
software for the Apple II series of computers.  Does anyone know of a source
for PD/Sharware or even commercial packet-radio software that's available?

Jeff Sorte  -  S825177@UWEC.BITNET
%Slipped Bit Error% - Can't find NIFTY.SIG

rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) (02/07/90)

In article <900205.22551160.033462@UWEC.CP6>, S825177@UWEC.BITNET (JEFFREY SORTE) writes:

>I will soon be getting my HAM license, and have read alot about packet-radio.
>I find this area very intriguing, however I haven't been able to locate any
>software for the Apple II series of computers.  Does anyone know of a source
>for PD/Sharware or even commercial packet-radio software that's available?
>
>Jeff Sorte  -  S825177@UWEC.BITNET

If you also have an IBM PC compatable, or something running Unix, there is
a program called KA9Q written by the operators of KA9Q (or is it WKA9Q ?).

so far, most of the discussion I've seen Re: KA9Q is/was on newsgroup mi.misc