[comp.sys.apple] Multi Juggle...Not really ray tracing.

In article <8ZnmO1C00Ug7AB50g3@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:

>  Wow, I was quite impressed with this.  Where did the $C2 (I guess
>that's the type) come from?  Who made it?  Was it on a GS originally?
>If so, what software was used?
>
>		-Greg T.

	Well, I was sort of impressed with this, but I really wish
that the poster had said it was really "AniDemo" (or whatever the
program's called) plus a data file. When she said that it was a
ray tracing program for the GS, I thought she meant a program where
we could BUILD some sort of an "object" and then say where the light
source was then actually havze it ray trace the picture.. or something
similar to that even if it was much less capable.
	Unless I'm totally missing the boat, this is simply page swapping
and the large file is simply a data file containing the frames to be
switched.
	It's still interesting, but not at all what it was said to
be. I might not have spent all of the time sciibining it, downloading
it, unshinking it, and running it had I known what it really was.
	No horrible travesty or anything, I just hope that programs
are given a better description in the future, especially the ones with
NO description [all of the ones with some ~5-10 line header that
seems to me should be removed].

--
If you want info about a 20 meg "floptical" drive mail me. YOU CAN ALSO
GET ONE FOR --$440-- (NEW **LOWER** PRICE!) BY MAILING ME. [WE HAVE TO GET