[comp.sys.apple] Post 'em in TEXT please

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (02/09/90)

In article <38378@apple.Apple.COM>, mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) writes:

> The first six Apple Human Interface Notes are now available for FTP
> from Apple.com (130.43.2.2).  They cover:

[ lots of nifty stuff covered ]

> and are in BinHex/StuffIt format (MacWrite files).

Why?  Those of us who use Apple II's use a standard archive program called
(interestingly enough) 'ShrinkIt' - not 'StuffIt'.  This program has versions
which work all the way down to the Apple II+.  If you need a copy, I will
be glad to send you one.

Also, as long as the stuff is archived in MacWrite format, they are very much
unusable to those of us who have Apple II's (even if they weren't already
encoded by StuffIt).

It would be exceedingly helpful if someone at Apple.COM would put the HIG
technotes in plain 'ol TEXT format.. then those of us who still (believe it
or not) support the Apple II and IIGS can read the Human Interface Technotes.
I realize, also, that these technotes probably have many illustrations in
them, but often the raw text of what was said is worth reading...  And, in my
opinion, we Apple II programmers are probably the ones who need to read and
apply the Human Interface Guidelines (and notes) the most.

If you want us to read them, please put them in a format we can handle.

Thanks... :-)

andy

BTW, this was not a flame.. it was just pointing about something that may
     need to be changed.

--

Yeah!

--