[comp.sys.apple] Apple ][e Questions

larryw@pro-dchamber.UUCP (Larry Walewski) (02/01/90)

I think $1500 sounds a little too high for the system.  A more reasonable
price might be about $800-900, considering the system is 6 years old.

ST802148@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU (Evan) (02/03/90)

I purchased a //e, 2 floppies, RGB monitor and card for $1000 about 2
years ago...  I think right now, a standard system would be worth no
more than $700

root@neon.UUCP (Thomas Ziemer) (02/07/90)

gadi@brutus.cs.uiuc.edu (Gadi Friedman) writes:

>You must be joking.  I'll sell you my system for $1000 and I'll give
>you two disk drives.  For a 6 year old system with 1 disk drive, and
>128k, I'd say $400-$500 would be fair, depending on other factors.

Hello Gadi

Oh oh, I think I have to explain something: I have calculated the
prizes for this stuff in German D-Mark (a 6 year old apple with
the described peripheries will cost here in germany about 3000 DM)
and then I have divided it by about 2. Hmmm, I haven't thought that
the prizes in the USA could deviate from this. I'm very sorry...  8-(

Greetings ... thomas
 __   _______________________________________________________________________
(00)  N E O N  Research  Caboose  (tm)     (Public Computer Science Research)
 \`\/ Thomas Ziemer, FRG, 1000 Berlin-West 20        Phone: +049-30-361 89 95
  ""  Domain: thomas@neon.UUCP !smurf!gopnbg!tmpmbx!einoed!utopia!neon!thomas
                  Wenn man es versteht, ist es veraltet... (Bitton's Theorem)

oneil@zeus.unl.edu (Sharon L. O'Neil) (02/09/90)

In article <9002021730.AA03138@apple.com>, ST802148@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU (Evan) writes:

> I purchased a //e, 2 floppies, RGB monitor and card for $1000 about 2
> years ago...  I think right now, a standard system would be worth no
> more than $700

  Oh, good luck on even getting that much.  Around here, a //e, 2 floppies,
and RGB might pull in say, $550 at most, and I'm thinking that is basically
due to the RGB.  A //e, 2 floppies, green screen, and card would probably
be worth around $350.  At least, I'm hoping to get that much when I sell my
//c.

--
 Sharon Lindsey O'Neil              | Internet: oneil@zeus.unl.edu