[comp.sys.apple] no more, please!

girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu (anthony c girardin) (02/08/90)

>So what if the II is 25% of Apple profits or whatever.  Look at the REALITY.
>How many publishers are still doing IIgs products?  Almost none.  The only
>ones doing it are small companies who learned, and are not going to do IIgs
>stuff again.  Ive spoken with them all, and none of the publishers will even
>return your messages if you say IIgs.  Apple doesnt care.  They're letting the
>IIgs die by not supporting it.  ROM 03 was a total joke.  GS/OS is a travesty.
>The availability of software is NIL.  Need I say more?

>-Brian

no you don't have to say any more. funny thing is, i bet a lot of
people - myself included - don't want to hear you any more. i'm tired
of reading your posts about how the gs is dead. you've already
predicted that the rom 04 machine is doomed to fail. it must be tough
to be so negative all the time. how do you do it?

please do me and everyone else a favor and buy an amiga. maybe you'll
start posting some of your wonderfully enlightening messages on
their newsgroup. (i'm sure apple would be happy to see someone start
an "amiga is dead" rumor.)

personally i think things are looking a lot in the II community.
a rom 04 machine would be a very positive step. i'm looking
forward to the new year.

(oh yeah, in case you didn't know it, that WAS a flame.)

anthony c girardin

(sorry but my sig was damaged by the flames - lucky i have
insurance.)

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (02/08/90)

girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu (anthony c girardin) writes:
> no you don't have to say any more. funny thing is, i bet a lot of
> people - myself included - don't want to hear you any more. i'm tired
> of reading your posts about how the gs is dead. you've already
> predicted that the rom 04 machine is doomed to fail. it must be tough
> to be so negative all the time. how do you do it?

  Thank you for saying that.  It needed to be said.  Once ROM 04 comes
out, I feel rather confident that it'll be a nice machine.  Just look
at the stats for it.  Some software companies have dumped the GS
because of its speed.  Well, that problem will be solved once ROM 04
reaches us.  I think ROM 04 will make a difference...

> anthony c girardin
>
> (sorry but my sig was damaged by the flames - lucky i have
> insurance.)

		-Greg T.

paul@pro-europa.cts.com (System Administrator) (02/09/90)

> please do me and everyone else a favor and buy an amiga.

Please don't.

Brian Greenstone writes some really hot software for the IIgs and he would be
sorely missed by the community should he sell his IIgs and buy an Amiga.

Paul Hutmacher    | crash!pro-europa!paul     |  They were calling to each
P.O. Box 66046    | paul@pro-europa.cts.com   |other in the meter band, their
Houston, TX 77266 | 713/526-0714 3/12/24/9600 |radio voices faint but clear..