[comp.sys.apple] Designmaster?

jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeremy G. Mereness) (02/08/90)

I have picked up a lot of neat NDA's off of Apple2-l from a guy named
C.K. Haun who says he's from Ravenware Software in Torrance CA.

This stuff is GREAT! ColorIt, WriteIt, all of It!
He says they were written with something called the Designmaster. What
is this Designmaster? It makes writing these NDA's look EASY!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|Jeremy Mereness                  |   Support     | Ye Olde Disclaimer:    |
|jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (internet)  |     Free      |  The above represent my|
|r746jm7e@cmccvb (Vax... bitnet)  |      Software |  opinions, alone.      |
|staff/student@Carnegie Mellon U. |               |  Ya Gotta Love It.     |

dhom@spica.acs.calpoly.edu (David Hom) (02/08/90)

In article <sZo6KrO00VQFI2HKdF@andrew.cmu.edu> jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeremy G. Mereness) writes:

> [stuff deleted]
>He says they were written with something called the Designmaster. What
>is this Designmaster? It makes writing these NDA's look EASY!

	Designmaster is a development tool currently being beta tested.
Distributed by Byteworks,  they're working hard to get a release version
out as soon as possible. (I called last week, but they couldn't give a
fixed date.)

Designmaster is a resource tool that supposedly combines the power of a
resource compiler (Rez/Derez) with the ease of use of a graphics
resource editor like TML Pascal II's editor.

I'm looking foward to its release  :-)

Dave
dhom@cosmos.acs.calpoly.edu

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (02/10/90)

In article <sZo6KrO00VQFI2HKdF@andrew.cmu.edu>, jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeremy G. Mereness) writes:

> I have picked up a lot of neat NDA's off of Apple2-l from a guy named
> C.K. Haun who says he's from Ravenware Software in Torrance CA.
> This stuff is GREAT! ColorIt, WriteIt, all of It!
> He says they were written with something called the Designmaster. What
> is this Designmaster? It makes writing these NDA's look EASY!

DesignMaster is a tool that Byte Works will be selling sometime this spring.
It does graphical layout of resources, windows, dialogs, and stuff like
that.  I have the System 4.0 version, and Byte Works will be marketing
Chris's System 5.0 version.

Incidently, Chris Haun works for Apple Developer Technical Support (AIIDTS)
now...

andy

--

Yeah!