[comp.sys.apple] Battleship game

ditz@EN.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Michael R Ditz) (02/11/90)

I downloaded the current uploaded game for the GS called Battleship.  My
roommate and I tried to play 4 games, but were interrupted when the game
quit back to the desktop in the middle of the games with no warning.  I
tried re-downloading it, but the same thing occured.  The quitting does not
occur at any significant point in time, but in the middle of any move.
Has this happened to anyone else?  Is this a program flaw?

     Thanx,

         Mike.  (ditz@en.ecn.purdue.edu)

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (02/12/90)

In article <9002110603.AA25608@en.ecn.purdue.edu> ditz@EN.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Michael R Ditz) writes:

>I downloaded the current uploaded game for the GS called Battleship.  My
>roommate and I tried to play 4 games, but were interrupted when the game
>quit back to the desktop in the middle of the games with no warning.  I
>tried re-downloading it, but the same thing occured.  The quitting does not
>occur at any significant point in time, but in the middle of any move.
>Has this happened to anyone else?  Is this a program flaw?

This is exactly what happened to me.  It sounds like a bug.

ROM 01 //gs, system 5.0, InnerDrive20, AppleDisk 3.5 (it was running off of
the 3.5 drive after booting GS/OS from the HD), 1.25MB of RAM.

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
...!ucbvax!cory!fadden