[comp.sys.apple] Does the Apple Imagewriter II speak

cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (02/03/90)

If your PCs have serial ports, you can use just about any printer, including
the Imagewriter II, as a "generic ASCII printer."  However, software for the
PC may not know the codes the Imagewriter use for boldface, etc., just as
Apple software usually knows nothing about the IBM Proprinter.

Scott Alfter-------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet: cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu    _/_ Apple IIe: the power to be your best!
          alfter@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu/ v \
          saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (    (              A keyboard--how quaint!
          free0066@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu  \_^_/                     --M. Scott, STIV

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (02/12/90)

In article <15800051@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> If your PCs have serial ports, you can use just about any printer, including
> the Imagewriter II, as a "generic ASCII printer."

If your software doesn't have Imagewriter drivers you might want to try
C.ITOH. I've been told, but I'm not sure, that this is the protocol that
Apple adapted when it developed the Imagewriter.

*   bob church  att!oucsace!bchurch                                *
*  If economics isn't an "exact" science why do computers crash    *
*  so much more often than the stock market?                       *
*                                          bc                      *