[comp.sys.apple] FPE and TWGS

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (02/12/90)

I received one response to my recent query about how much an Innovative
Systems FPE speeded up floating point operations on a GS.  (30 to 150
times) The reply also, unfortunately, mentioned that the FPE and the
TWGS appear to be incompatible.  (so presumably that speedup was over an
anwarped GS) He said he had been told of a fix, but couldn't make it
work.  Can anyone else shed any further light on this?

TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil

rnf@shumv1.uucp (Rick Fincher) (02/12/90)

In article <900211232321.234244@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL writes:
>I received one response to my recent query about how much an Innovative
>Systems FPE speeded up floating point operations on a GS.  (30 to 150
>times) The reply also, unfortunately, mentioned that the FPE and the
>TWGS appear to be incompatible.  (so presumably that speedup was over an
>anwarped GS) He said he had been told of a fix, but couldn't make it
>work.  Can anyone else shed any further light on this?

The new TWGS's work fine with the FPE.  The early production runs had an
incompatibility.  Mine didn't work so I sent it back to AE and they fixed
it.  If you get a new TWGS they should work fine together.  My modified
TWGS works with the FPE without a hitch.

>TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil

Rick Fincher
rnf@shumv1.ncsu.edu