[comp.sys.apple] RE New Markets for Apple

delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca (Grant Delaney) (02/12/90)

I sure hope the NEW marketing group here in Canada do a better job than the
one they fired before Christmas.  They still haven't brought the new IICx into
Canada.  And the Dealers are no are no betterin the states.   They tend to hire
young people who have an main interest in the MAC and let them loose with out
a familiarity with the II series.

Grant Delaney

jferr@pro-generic.cts.com (Jim Ferr) (02/14/90)

>I sure hope the NEW marketing group here in Canada do a better job than the
>one they fired before Christmas.  They still haven't brought the new IICx
>into Canada. ....

I beg your pardon? I work for Apple Canada and I can assure you the Macintosh
IIcx is alive and well. If you are referring to the Apple IIc Plus, yes, Apple
Canada decided not to sell it here because they made next to nothing on the
Apple IIc and decided they couldn't price it properly and make any money on
it. I don't happen to approve of that decision, but as an employee it isn't my
place to second guess such decisions.

If you're going to complain, the least you can do is get the names of the
machines right.

Jim Ferr, Technical Support, Apple Canada.  (Standard disclaimer applies.)
ProLine:jferr@pro-generic  Internet:jferr@pro-generic.cts.com  GEnie:J.FERR
CIS:73057,2455  UUCP:crash!pnet01!pro-generic!jferr  AppleLink (Apple):FERR1
Author of Warp Six BBS. 95 DeCarie Circle #20, Etobicoke, ON, Canada M9B 3J5