[comp.sys.apple] Woz/ Cloud 9

cs225fu@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (^) (02/14/90)

   I desperately need to contact Steve Wozniak's company Cloud 9, if it still
exists.  Do any of you Woz-fans know anything about this?  Any help would
be much appreciated. (it's for a school project).

Brian Odeen

In article <1990Feb13.205421.13846@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs225fu@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (^) writes:

>   I desperately need to contact Steve Wozniak's company Cloud 9, if it still
>exists.  Do any of you Woz-fans know anything about this?  Any help would
>be much appreciated. (it's for a school project).

	As far as I know, Cloud 9 hasn't existed for at least a couple of
years... Actually I think it was called CL9 after it was found out some
other company had rights to that name.  They made a programmable
(from an Apple II computer!) universal remote control.. (CORE was its name
I believe).

	From what I remember, which may be wrong, nobody bought the
thing and the company went under.. It was probably about then that Woz got
serious about teaching little kids..

--
If you want info about a 20 meg "floptical" drive mail me. YOU CAN ALSO
GET ONE FOR --$440-- (NEW **LOWER** PRICE!) BY MAILING ME. [WE HAVE TO GET

chris@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) (02/15/90)

Actually they do still exist - I just bought a CORE from them last
December.  But I don't think that they're doing anymore development with
the CORE (maybe they're just selling off leftover units and providing
service).  They can be reached at
408-429-8714
-chris