[comp.sys.apple] TML Pascal II Problems

ghost@bucsf.BU.EDU (Jay Adelson) (02/15/90)

	The editor for TML Pascal II is doing strange things.

	For some reason, after editing particular parts of the program,
the editor decides to change the rest of the file to gobbly-gook, and
never seems to recover from it (Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it just
turns the mouse cursor into a strange blob, sometimes it allows you to
edit the file but after one or two keypresses just goes "TANG" and quits.)

	Anybody else experiencing these weird problems?
	Might they have to do with my TWGS? And if so, why don't they go
away when I turn it off?
	Is this a faulty program? It's version 1.1, fully registered (that's
right folks, I bought TML Pascal, which everyone who has a copy should.)

	Any help on this matter would be appreciated!!

	Thanks in advance,

				Jay Adelson (ghost@bucsf.bu.edu)

:-

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (02/15/90)

In article <52195@bu.edu.bu.edu> ghost@bucsf.UUCP (Jay Adelson) writes:
>The editor for TML Pascal II is doing strange things.
>
>For some reason, after editing particular parts of the program,
>the editor decides to change the rest of the file to gobbly-gook, and
>never seems to recover from it (Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it just
>turns the mouse cursor into a strange blob, sometimes it allows you to
>edit the file but after one or two keypresses just goes "TANG" and quits.)
>
>Anybody else experiencing these weird problems?

I believe your problems are due, at least in part, to the Text Edit toolset.
I recommend you be very careful about keeping backups, and especially about
doing deletes of large blocks of text, until updates to Text Edit and/or
TML Pascal II become available.

>Might they have to do with my TWGS? And if so, why don't they go
>away when I turn it off?

Nope, the TransWarp doesn't have anything to do with it.
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II Developer Technical Support      |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

rbannon@sargas.acs.calpoly.edu (Roy Bannon) (02/15/90)

In article <52195@bu.edu.bu.edu> ghost@bucsf.UUCP (Jay Adelson) writes:

ne>	The editor for TML Pascal II is doing strange things.

>	For some reason, after editing particular parts of the program,
>the editor decides to change the rest of the file to gobbly-gook, and
>never seems to recover from it (Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it just
>turns the mouse cursor into a strange blob, sometimes it allows you to
>edit the file but after one or two keypresses just goes "TANG" and quits.)
>
>				Jay Adelson (ghost@bucsf.bu.edu)

   Mine too!  It happens to me when I do a large cut and paste (or so it
seems).   I too have a TWGS, but I don't think thats it.  Is this the
problem that used to be in the tools that TML had a disclaimer about?

Roy
rbannon@cosmos.acs.calpoly.edu

throoph@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Henry Throop) (02/15/90)

In article <52195@bu.edu.bu.edu> ghost@bucsf.UUCP (Jay Adelson) writes:

>	The editor for TML Pascal II is doing strange things.
>
>	For some reason, after editing particular parts of the program,
>the editor decides to change the rest of the file to gobbly-gook, and
>never seems to recover from it (Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it just
>turns the mouse cursor into a strange blob, sometimes it allows you to
>edit the file but after one or two keypresses just goes "TANG" and quits.)

I've been having similar problems.  I don't have a TWGS, so that's not the
problem.  I guess it's just a (very) buggy program - cut, paste, and
deleting a block always give me garbage near the end of my file; when I
try to drag the thumber on the scroll bar up, it often crashes, and the
resource editor just doesn't work.  The system has some real possibilities,
but right now it's hindered by a ver buggy interface.  The APW version
I've heard is a lot more reliable, but I don't know if TML II is available
for APW.

>				Jay Adelson (ghost@bucsf.bu.edu)

Henry

---