[comp.sys.apple] Superdrive?

stuckey@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (02/16/90)

Sort of along the wishlist lines, how hard would it be, and what would be the
advantages, of having a Superdrive put into the IIgs? or is this being done?

Anthony J Stuckey, stuckey@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) (02/16/90)

In article <15800075@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> stuckey@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Sort of along the wishlist lines, how hard would it be, and what would be the
>advantages, of having a Superdrive put into the IIgs? or is this being done?

In the last coupla MacWeeks, I have seen an advertisement for a SCSI-connect
1.44 drive.  This would presumably work off the A2's SCSI board.

Can anyone fill in the name/address of the company? My MacWeeks are already
at the recyclers.....

						Bob Halloran
UUCP: att!mtune!rkh				Internet: rkh@mtune.ATT.COM
Disclaimer: If you think AT&T would have ME as a spokesman, you're crazed.
Quote: "Remember, kids, if some weirdo in a blue suit offers you some DOS,
	   JUST SAY NO!!!"

mustang@spock.UUCP (Neil McNeight) (02/18/90)

In article <314@mtune.ATT.COM> rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) writes:
>In article <15800075@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> stuckey@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>>Sort of along the wishlist lines, how hard would it be, and what would be the
>>advantages, of having a Superdrive put into the IIgs? or is this being done?
>
>In the last coupla MacWeeks, I have seen an advertisement for a SCSI-connect
>1.44 drive.  This would presumably work off the A2's SCSI board.

	I believe the manufacturer is PLI (don't ask what it stands for
cuz I dunno) and the product is the Turbo Floppy 1.44.

Neil McNeight			|"Does anyone know where the love of God goes"
Class of 1991			|"When the waves turn the minutes to hours"
Choate Rosemary Hall		|	-Gordon Lightfoot
Wallingford, CT			|	'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald'
Real Life: Still searching	| Even!if!I@knew.my.path,I!wouldn't.tell!YOU!