[comp.sys.apple] GenericComm on comp.binaries.apple2

neufeld@physics.utoronto.ca (Christopher Neufeld) (02/12/90)

   I've uploaded GenericComm 1.0 to comp.binaries.apple2 for our local
pro-line sysop who doesn't have access.
   If you have any comments or suggestions, Matthew would like to hear
them. He lists his e-mail addresses in the documentation. The pro-line
address is the same as the one in my signature, but with "sysop"
substituted for "cneufeld". Give the mail a couple of days to get there.

   GenericComm 1.0 is a bare-bones communications package, with hooks in
the code for more advanced functions which have yet to be implemented. It
runs on an Apple ][GS under GS/OS. It is not a desktop-like application (no
super hires blue background and mouse control).

--
 Christopher Neufeld....Just a graduate student  |
 neufeld@helios.physics.utoronto.ca              | "Vulcan has no moon."

conway@pro-europa.cts.com (Conway Chen) (02/15/90)

I can't seem to get the Stored Dial to work.  Also, anyone want to write
transfer protocols for it?

UUCP: crash!pro-europa!conway
ARPA: crash!pro-europa!conway@nosc.mil
INET: conway@pro-europa.cts.com

On Mon, 12 Feb 90 13:58:03 GMT you said:
>   I've uploaded GenericComm 1.0 to comp.binaries.apple2 for our local
>pro-line sysop who doesn't have access.

Au Contraire! Anyone can post to comp.binaries.apple2 by mailing to
APPLE2-L@BRONWVM.BROWN.EDU (aka APPLE2-L@BROWNVM.BITNET)  Anything that
arrives without newgrooup headers also gets mailed to ucbvax where it
enters comp.binaries.apple2  There may be a modest delay because a number
of APPLE2-L subscribers have mailboxes that APPLE2-L sometimes fills
faster than their owners can empty them so Chris Chung trys to pause
every few hundred Kbytes or so to permit mailers to digest what's coming
in :-)

Pro-generic (and all the Pro-Lines) has access to the Pro-Line
redistribution of APPLE2-L (which eventually forwards things posted
to comp.binaries.apple2 -- a manual process, things would tend to run more
smoothly if everything were routed first to BrownVM).

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)

sysop@pro-generic.cts.com (Matthew Montano) (02/18/90)

> I can't seem to get the Stored Dial to work.

Try adding some systems to the dialing list first. (OA-A).

> Also, anyone want to write transfer protocols for it?

Working on them (how does a Xmodem, Xmodem-1k, Ymodem (batch), Ymodem-G,
Zmodem protocol setup sound?). It's resonably easy, I am suprised no one has
done it up till now!  :|

I am kinda weird...

UUCP: crash!pro-generic!sysop
ARPA: crash!pro-generic!sysop@nosc.mil