[comp.sys.apple] Apple II voice output

rrw@naucse.UUCP (Robert Wier) (02/17/90)

 Hi. I'm posting this for a student who is working on a project
 to aid handicapped students.  Can anyone tell me what is available
 as far as voice output circuitry is available for the apple II
 series of machines?  Back in the days before I got my mac, I had
 a II+, but don't recall any voice output cards being available.

 Please either E-Mail me direct or post here... THANKS!

  - Bob Wier                             Northern Arizona University
   summer:Ouray, Colorado                 winter:Flagstaff, Arizona
   USENET: ...arizona!naucse!rrw  | BITNET: WIER@NAUVAX  | WB5KXH

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (02/18/90)

In article <1884@naucse.UUCP> rrw@naucse.UUCP (Robert Wier) writes:
> Hi. I'm posting this for a student who is working on a project
> to aid handicapped students.  Can anyone tell me what is available
> as far as voice output circuitry is available for the apple II
> series of machines?  Back in the days before I got my mac, I had
> a II+, but don't recall any voice output cards being available.

The Echo II from Street Electronics Corp. is the one I've dealt with
most; there is also the SlotBuster II, which I believe is from RC Systems.
I can dig up addresses and phone numbers if you need them.
--
David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
Apple II Developer Technical Support      |   P.O. Box 875

My opinions are my own, not Apple's.