[comp.sys.apple] Need help with SSC pinout

jmsommer@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (02/21/90)

I don't know what I was expecting when I got this no-name-brand super
serial card for my Apple ][+, but it doesn't have a DB-type connector
which I'm used to from my PC experience.  Instead, it has a 10-pin Berg
(or is it Burg?) connector.  Can somebody please tell my what the function
of each of the pins is?  I want to make a cable to go to an external
modem.

Reply to the net or e-mail, depending on whether or not you think the rest
of the world would like to know.  All help is greatly appreciated!

					jeff sommer

	  BITNET: JMSOMMER@MIAVX1

(Sorry, no fancy .sig!  This is my very first NEWS post!  (Big Deal!))

cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Alfter) (02/22/90)

In article <1034.25e1dbe4@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu> jmsommer@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu writes:
>I don't know what I was expecting when I got this no-name-brand super
>serial card for my Apple ][+, but it doesn't have a DB-type connector
>which I'm used to from my PC experience.  Instead, it has a 10-pin Berg
>(or is it Burg?) connector.  Can somebody please tell my what the function
>of each of the pins is?  I want to make a cable to go to an external
>modem.
>
>Reply to the net or e-mail, depending on whether or not you think the rest
>of the world would like to know.  All help is greatly appreciated!
>
>					jeff sommer
>
>	  BITNET: JMSOMMER@MIAVX1
>
>(Sorry, no fancy .sig!  This is my very first NEWS post!  (Big Deal!))

Sounds like you're talking about the 10-pin connector on the board.  I have
a real Apple SSC that has the same thing.  You should've gotten an adapter
in the box with your SSC that has the 10-pin connector on one end and a
regular DB-25 connector on the other end, both separated by a few inches of
ribbon cable.  This setup was used to make installation of the DB-25 connector
easier, since you don't have a big card dangling off of it when you put it in.

Internet: cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu    _/_  Apple II: the power to be your best!
          alfter@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu/ v \
          saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (    (              A keyboard--how quaint!
  Bitnet: free0066@uiucvmd.bitnet    \_^_/                     --M. Scott, STIV