[comp.sys.apple] Modem Programs

neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jeffrey Alan Ding) (05/03/88)

In article <8805031100.aa13031@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET writes:
>> I WOULD PLAN ON USING ASCII EXPRESS MOUSETALK WITH THIS MODEM
>If possible, take a look at Point-to-Point. It's written by Gary Little and
>sold by Pinpoint. It's an incredibly nice program for beginners and experts
>alike. Before buying Mousetalk verify that you can use it with a /RAM card.

Mousetalk will not destroy any ram drive EXECPT one in SLOT 3.
Slot 4 on the //c and slot 5 on the //gs work perfect with Mousetalk.

neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
| arpanet: neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu                                        |
|    UUCP: ihnp4!uwmcsd1!csd4!neighbor                                        |

CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET (05/03/88)

> I WOULD PLAN ON USING ASCII EXPRESS MOUSETALK WITH THIS MODEM
If possible, take a look at Point-to-Point. It's written by Gary Little and
sold by Pinpoint. It's an incredibly nice program for beginners and experts
alike. Before buying Mousetalk verify that you can use it with a /RAM card.

jonah@amos.ucsd.edu.ling.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (02/23/90)

Out school runs a BBS. In an atempt to get more users, the BBS council came up
with the idea of creating disks that had a terminal program on them, so that
people could just borrow one from the library, take it home, pop it into
their computer, and the program would AUTOMATICALLY dial the BBS. The
automatically is the real kicker here - the user isn't supposed to have to
even touch the keyboard until they are connected to the BBS. I know of lots
of PD Apple II comm. programs, and lots of them support macros, but I don't
know of any that will auto dial as soon as they start. Could anyone recommend
a program that does this, and tell me where to find it? Thanks in advance.

Jonah

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) (02/23/90)

maybe you could imbed the dial command in the init string.

for ex. on a datalink, store the number you need in one of the phone
registers

then just do a ats11=50ds=n  0<= n <= 3

nagendra

paulj@pro-generic.cts.com (Paul Johnson) (02/24/90)

        Well, Talk is Cheap is the way to go.  So is ProTERM I suppose, but
you might be getting in a bit of doo-doo renting out the disk (laws etc)

                                        :: Paul Johnson ::
   UUCP: crash!pro-generic!paulj                Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
   ARPA: crash!pro-generic!paulj@nosc.mil   A
   INET: paulj@pro-generic.cts.co