[comp.sys.apple] shrinkitt/binscii/ftp?

ash@pawl.rpi.edu (Arthur Hyun) (02/20/90)

Hi folks...
     I feel kinda silly asking this, but what's Shrinkitt and Binscii?
I'm new to what's going on around these parts, but I've still got my
trusty old //e hanging in there.  I've been using it as a terminal to
the school's network servers, et al.
     If someone can send me a copy of Shrinkitt and Binscii along with
instructions on what to do with them after a ftp a file (yes, i do know
how to do that much), I'd be much obliged...
                                Thanks in advance
                                Arthur

--
----------------------+-----------------------+-------------------------------
    ash@pawl.rpi.edu  |  sammael@mts.rpi.edu  |  the.arthur@rpitsmts.BITNET

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (02/21/90)

In article <G`$#2J|@rpi.edu>, ash@pawl.rpi.edu (Arthur Hyun) writes:

>      If someone can send me a copy of Shrinkitt and Binscii along with
> instructions on what to do with them after a ftp a file (yes, i do know
> how to do that much), I'd be much obliged...

I have seen several letters on the net lately asking for copies of shrinkit
... so, I finally binscii'd my copy of shrinkit 2.1 and uploaded it to
batman, our sun.  In the future, whenever I see someone asking for shrinkit,
I will mail that person a copy.  I'm not going to mail them binscii, though,
as I really don't have a copy.  Who know, maybe some day?

Incidently, ShrinkIt 2.1 should be available for FTP from Apple.COM as soon
as mark johnson gets it "up"

(no jokes, please)

>                                 Arthur

andy

--

Yeah!

dcw@lcs.mit.edu (David C. Whitney) (02/22/90)

As Andy mentioned, he will be uploading Shrinkit updates and sending
requests to people directly. I will be doing the same for BinSCII and
Z-Link. Every post I see asking for BinSCII or Z-Link is answered with
a copy. To keep confusion down, and to insure that people get the
latest version, I suggest that requests for software be answered only by
the authors unless the author is not on the net.

--
Dave Whitney
dcw@sun-bear.lcs.mit.edu  ...!mit-eddie!sun-bear!dcw  dcw@athena.mit.edu

PS5@TAUNOS.BITNET (02/24/90)

Dear mr. D. Whitney,
I am a new user of this list.
could you please send me the Binscii and add some liunes of explanations
on how to use it?
thanks.
Dr. arnon rolnick, Tel-aviv Israel.
ps. I am an apple iic user.
ps2. my bitnet adress is PS5@TAUNOS

On Fri, 23 Feb 90 20:15:24 +0200 you said:
>could you please send me the Binscii and add some liunes of explanations
>on how to use it?

You can retrieve BinSCII and ShrinkIT yourself from LISTSERV@BROWNVM
(LISTSERV@BrownVM.Brown.Edu Internet)

send email to LISTSERV@BROWNVM
(subject ignored)

GET APPLE2-L 89-01123
GET APPLE2-L 89-01168
GET APPLE2-L 89-01169

If you are unfamiliar with LISTSERV, add the commands

INFO REF
INFO GEN

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)