[comp.sys.apple] Hard Drive with apple 2e?

ash@pawl.rpi.edu (Arthur Hyun) (02/22/90)

  A friend of mine has a sudden desire to attempt to hook up his
Quantum 105 Meg Hard Drive (for a Mac) to his Apple //e...  I'm
not sure why, but well, whatever blows your dress up, right?
  Anyway...  Can this be done?  He has an //e card to make it able
to take scsi input, so it seems that the hardware is happy.
  How would one format the drive?  I would assume that one would
have to partition the drive into 512k protions in order to format
it with Prodos, but how would that be done?  Is there a utility
available?
  Any ideas are welcome, and, indeed, requested... thanks!!
                                --Arthur

--
----------------------+-----------------------+-------------------------------
    ash@pawl.rpi.edu  |  sammael@mts.rpi.edu  |  the.arthur@rpitsmts.BITNET

keithhar@cocomo.Central.Sun.COM (Keith Hargrove) (02/22/90)

 I need shrinkit for an apple II gs I have binascii
but not shrinkit
if someone has it handy for mailing please send it to me

				Thanks!!!!

					Keith Hargrove

(keithhar@cocomo)

fredb@pro-freedom.cts.com (Fred Brock) (02/25/90)

Silver Lining, a hard disk management software package from La Cie, of Tigard,
OR (800) 999-0143, can format virtually any hard drive into as many SCSI
partitions as you like.  Your friend can format some as HFS, som as ProDOS,
even A/ux.  It'll even work on Syquest removable disks.

Fred Brock
Softouch Software