[comp.sys.apple] System Documentation

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL (02/24/90)

Let me see if I understand it.

GS/OS volumes I and II ARE available from APDA, although the eventual
version that will be published will be repackaged.  There is no reason
not to get volumes I and II from them now.

ToolBox volume III is also available form APDA, and it too is the right
version to buy.

All three (in some form) will be going to AW, but don't hold your
breath.

Other than the technotes (inlcuding file types etc.), which are
available on the FTP sites, and the AW books that have already been
published, this is the only official Apple GS documentation.  (OK, also
include what comes with the machine.)

TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil

In article <900223234145.897969@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL writes:
>Let me see if I understand it.
>
>GS/OS volumes I and II ARE available from APDA, although the eventual
>version that will be published will be repackaged.  There is no reason
>not to get volumes I and II from them now.

If you want to program using GS/OS features, you *should* get these books.

>ToolBox volume III is also available form APDA, and it too is the right
>version to buy.
>
>All three (in some form) will be going to AW, but don't hold your
>breath.

Holding your breath for book publication is *never* a good idea.  :)  Volumes
I and II are already at AW and have been for nearly two years.

>Other than the technotes (inlcuding file types etc.), which are
>available on the FTP sites, and the AW books that have already been
>published, this is the only official Apple GS documentation.  (OK, also
>include what comes with the machine.)

Don't forget the Hardware Reference (2nd Edition), Firmware Reference (and
update at APDA), Progammer's Introduction, APW manuals, Numerics Manual,
AppleShare programmer's guide, Inside AppleTalk, Human Interface Guidelines,
etc.

>TMPLee@dockmaster.ncsc.mil
Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."