[comp.sys.apple] Pascal for //e?

fordke@ingr.com (Keith Ford x8614) (02/20/90)

What companies sell Pascal compilers that will run on a //e or //c,
maybe even a ][+ system?  Please email to FORDKE@INGR.COM.  TIA -kef.
 Internet:  fordke@ingr.com   \   "and the Trees are all kept equal
 UUCP:  ...!uunet!ingr!fordke  \   by hatchet, axe, and saw." -Rush

NCU10001@UFRJ.BITNET ("Roberto N.") (02/22/90)

For me too.

I need a good Pascal compiler for a //e and I don't Know one

Thank's for any help.

                               Roberto N.
                               NCU10001@UFRJ.BITNET

bar5834@cuphub.cup.edu (Pestilence) (02/23/90)

In article <9002211814.AA15509@apple.com>, NCU10001@UFRJ.BITNET ("Roberto N.")
writes:
> I need a good Pascal compiler for a //e and I don't Know one
>                                Roberto N.
>                                NCU10001@UFRJ.BITNET

Hmmm, speaking of that:  does Apple still sell Apple Pascal (version 1.3
was the last I heard of) ?  If they do, that'd be nice to get.  The only
things are:  a) it compiles to p-code, not machine, and b) its under a
different operating system (Pascal).  On the positive side, it's a nice
implementation of UCSD Pascal.
--
John Bartolotta (Bart) (Pestilence)	|  DISCLAIMER: My boss owns a pizza/
ThisNet:  bar5834@cuphub.cup.edu	|  beer shop, so I doubt he cares

ST802148@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU (Evan) (02/25/90)

If you can get your hands on Instant Pascal, it's pretty cool and has
graphic routines as well. However, at 1 MHz it's mighty slow. Get a 10Mhz
accelerator and then it flies.... actually, I have the keyboard version
so moving around  the screen is difficult. Anyone have a version to be used
with a joystick, and so that I can put it on my hard drive (The one I have
looks for the files on /ipmaster

ash@pawl.rpi.edu (Arthur Hyun) (02/25/90)

ST802148@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU (Evan) writes:

>If you can get your hands on Instant Pascal, it's pretty cool and has
>graphic routines as well. However, at 1 MHz it's mighty slow. Get a 10Mhz
>accelerator and then it flies.... actually, I have the keyboard version
>so moving around  the screen is difficult. Anyone have a version to be used
>with a joystick, and so that I can put it on my hard drive (The one I have
>looks for the files on /ipmaster

I've used Instant Pascal, and found it a might irksome...  On a IIgs running
at its fastest (whatever that is), I can still outtype the machine.. bleah...

I muchly prefer Kyan Pascal, and it runs on the //e as well...

  --Arthur

--
----------------------+-----------------------+-------------------------------
    ash@pawl.rpi.edu  |  sammael@mts.rpi.edu  |  the.arthur@rpitsmts.BITNET

samt@pro-europa.cts.com (Sam Theis) (02/28/90)

> If you can get your hands on Instant Pascal, it's pretty cool and has
> graphic routines as well. However, at 1 MHz it's mighty slow. Get a 10Mhz
> accelerator and then it flies.... actually, I have the keyboard version
> so moving around  the screen is difficult. Anyone have a version to be used
> with a joystick, and so that I can put it on my hard drive (The one I have
> looks for the files on /ipmaster

Instant Pascal was designed to be used with a MOUSE, not a joystick.  There
was a version that allowed IP to be placed on a hard drive, in the main volume
directory, but at least it was possible to put it on a HD.

Instant Pascal is only good for learning Pascal.  It cannot be used for
program development, because it is an interpreter.  IP programs can only be
run in the IP environment.

UUCP: crash!pro-europa!samt
ARPA: crash!pro-europa!samt@nosc.mil
INET: samt@pro-europa.cts.com