[comp.sys.apple] Vulcan in use light

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (02/25/90)

A Vulcan internal hard drive was demoed at our Users Group meeting
the other night. It had one very interesting feature. The in-use light
is mounted on the hard drive. The light is red but probably not as red
as the face of the engineer who let that one slip by.

*   bob church  bchurch@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu                       *
*  If economics isn't an "exact" science why do computers crash    *
*  so much more often than the stock market?                       *
*                                          bc                      *

jabernathy@pro-houston.cts.com (Joe Abernathy) (02/28/90)

> The in-use light is mounted on the hard drive.

AE did come up with a fix of sorts. It's just the same red light with a long
wire, designed to rest under the IIGS in-use indicator at the bottom right of
the CPU. So when the hard drive is accessed, the green light turns red. Wow!
Now what can we do about this banshee of a fan?