[comp.sys.apple] Apple II Developers meeting

lbotez@pro-sol.cts.com (Lynda Botez) (02/28/90)

>From what I heard, Apple was supposed to have a meeting with the new
Apple II Developer guys on Monday.

Any news on what happened (or did not happen)?  Inquiring minds want to
know...  Ah, the ongoing drama of Apple Follies....

Lynda

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (03/01/90)

In article <17397.apple.net@pro-sol> lbotez@pro-sol.cts.com (Lynda Botez) writes:
>>From what I heard, Apple was supposed to have a meeting with the new
>Apple II Developer guys on Monday.
>
>Any news on what happened (or did not happen)?  Inquiring minds want to
>know...  Ah, the ongoing drama of Apple Follies....
>
>Lynda

My roommate (an Apple developer) just told me yesterday night...well, actually
this early morning about 1:00 am, that Apple just canceled the entire Apple //
line. I didn't believe him, hope this is not true.
--
|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
|I want my own NeXT, 50MHz 68040, 64Mb RAM, 660Mb SCSI, |    Chun Yao Liao    |

In article <1990Feb28.233157.23340@eng.umd.edu> cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) writes:

>My roommate (an Apple developer) just told me yesterday night...well, actually
>this early morning about 1:00 am, that Apple just canceled the entire Apple //
>line. I didn't believe him, hope this is not true.
>--
>|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
>|I want my own NeXT, 50MHz 68040, 64Mb RAM, 660Mb SCSI, |    Chun Yao Liao    |
>|              NeXT laser printer, net connection.      | Accepting Donations!|
>/* If (my_.signature =~ yours)  coincidence = true; else ignore_this = true; */

Dave wants to know if you or your roommate were inebriated at the time.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (03/02/90)

In article <39079@apple.Apple.COM> mattd@Apple.COM (Matt Deatherage) writes:
>In article <1990Feb28.233157.23340@eng.umd.edu> cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) writes:
>>
>>My roommate (an Apple developer) just told me yesterday night...well, actually
>>this early morning about 1:00 am, that Apple just canceled the entire Apple //
>>line. I didn't believe him, hope this is not true.
>>--
>>|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
>>|I want my own NeXT, 50MHz 68040, 64Mb RAM, 660Mb SCSI, |    Chun Yao Liao    |
>>|              NeXT laser printer, net connection.      | Accepting Donations!|
>>/* If (my_.signature =~ yours)  coincidence = true; else ignore_this = true; */
>
>Dave wants to know if you or your roommate were inebriated at the time.
>

>--
>Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
>Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
>Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."

No, I wasn't, but I believe he was.  I had a "fight" on this with him...

--

bchurch@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bob Church) (03/02/90)

In article <1990Feb28.233157.23340@eng.umd.edu>, cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) writes:

> My roommate (an Apple developer) just told me yesterday night...well, actually
> this early morning about 1:00 am, that Apple just canceled the entire Apple //
> line. I didn't believe him, hope this is not true.

Ok, I've posted some pretty dumb things myself but may I ask why you even
posted this?

*   bob church  bchurch@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu                       *
*  If economics isn't an "exact" science why do computers crash    *
*  so much more often than the stock market?                       *
*                                          bc                      *